First Reptile Expo Questions

RobSquared

I have never been to an Expo before but found out that there is going to be an Alexanders Herp World Expo a few hours away from my house coming up here in march. I have a few questions:
1. Is it worth driving three hours to attend
2. Are there usually a vast amount of Chameleons
3. Are the prices for chameleons worth the drive
4. Are the process for enclosures and accessories worth the drive

I want to add to my already growing family but....I want to make sure an expo like this is a good place to purchase a chameleon or two, maybe three or four. Already working on building enclosures. Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Every reptile show is different. But on a side note I do travel 2 hours for the show around my area. That one is the biggest by me. For this one I don't see many chameleons. But lots of bearded dragons, geckos, and all types of supplies. You can get good deals on supplies. For it all though it is always fun and I go at least once a year if not to both of the shows. Otherwise I have some shows closer to home and try to attend those as well but they are smaller and not the same.

I have yet to see a reptile show with vast amounts of chameleons, snakes? yes. For whatever reason the California shows tend to have more chams. So you might see something interesting. Price wise it's about the same everywhere, you might find some deals and you might see a lot of high priced animals. I usually go to shows now to chat with folks and pick up the odd feeder I might be short on. As you have never been to a show before I'd say go, they are interesting to check out even if it's a small show. be sure to take your time and look at all the containers at a display, you never know what might pop up in one.

I always enjoy going just to look around. I have gone to the San jose show multiple times. When I comes to chameleons, it's hit and miss. Sometimes theirs a lot and sometimes not. However you can watch and hand pick the one you want instead of looking at pictures. That's a huge plus.

I don't usually suggest going to the shows to buy a chameleon, but it can be a great place to meet the breeders and get your information. There are usually lists of participating vendors for each show, but it varies.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the input on this. I wont give my hopes up but am still going to go and at least try and gain as much knowledge as I can.

Back
Top Bottom