First post from a new owner

Multivitamins

Chameleon Enthusiast
So this is my new baby boy. He's a 4-6 month old ambilobe panther chameleon. He was introduced to his new home just a few minutes ago.

Attachments

• IMG_20190203_202412.jpg
    IMG_20190203_202412.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 227
I love those plants with all the long skinny leaves! What are those??? I'm so excited for you and myself! I'm not far behind you I'm getting close to completing my setup!

I love those plants with all the long skinny leaves! What are those??? I'm so excited for you and myself! I'm not far behind you I'm getting close to completing my setup!
They are a variety of air plant I've had them growing in my yard for some time and figure they would love the regular misting. Added bonus no pot or soil needed. I've also got a pathos and a few varieties of plants on the "floor". The little dude was amazing to watch as he explored his new home and I was filled with pride as he explored the nooks and hides I created. As of now he is perched on the pathos sleeping. If you'd like a clipping of the air plant send me a message I'm sure it would tolerate shipping. It's a non flowering variety.

Would you believe it I actually have a small air plant here at home.. I hadn't seen it in the safe list so I wasn't sure... any mounting suggestions???
15492612397911475003328224568139.jpg

I was testing a few mothods out, for some of the larger ones I used fishing line to secure it to the frame I did put a few eye hooks into my frame for mounting and tied off to those as well as looping it around the top and side to tie outside and take weight off the screen itself (I'm using a zoomed 2*2*4) with others I used a small twist tie not elegant but effective, a few others are wrapped in vine or using line or tie secured to a log. I was lucky enough to have some huge airplant and made the most of it.

Well I've got a little one now! I'll probably just work it into a good corner and use some line to secure it! Thanks for another plant added to my list! I'm totally jealous of your large ones!!

I was testing a few mothods out, for some of the larger ones I used fishing line to secure it to the frame I did put a few eye hooks into my frame for mounting and tied off to those as well as looping it around the top and side to tie outside and take weight off the screen itself (I'm using a zoomed 2*2*4) with others I used a small twist tie not elegant but effective, a few others are wrapped in vine or using line or tie secured to a log. I was lucky enough to have some huge airplant and made the most of it.
By far the biggest air plants I’ve ever seen! How old?

Back
Top Bottom