First panther clutch pics

norcalChams

Heres some pics of my first clutch laid on Oct 31. They started hatching on May 18.

Attachments

• CAM02129.jpg
    CAM02129.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 155
  • CAM02131.jpg
    CAM02131.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 147
  • CAM02132.jpg
    CAM02132.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 147
  • CAM02137.jpg
    CAM02137.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 135
Yeah i have noticed a couple that are little bigger and more active than others. I have two more that are pipped and two more sweating.

I started incubating them the closet method but as the weather changed and the temp swings were getting to drastic I ended up buying an incubator that someone built out of a wine cooler on craigslist.

Heres some more pics. Can already see a little color in these guys.

Attachments

• CAM02174.jpg
    CAM02174.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 164
  • CAM02176.jpg
    CAM02176.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 142
  • CAM02178.jpg
    CAM02178.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 140
  • CAM02180.jpg
    CAM02180.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 160
How long before they start showing signs of what sex they are.

Can anyone give me some indicators of what to look for when sexing panther chameleons?

There is a thread somewhere on the forum that discussed your question. Basically states looking at the base of the tail near the cloaca and sexual dimorphism at this area even at a young age. I will try to find and direct to you :) on a side note my very first clutch starting hatching out on May 18th as well and I live in Northern California... What a quoinkidink or however you spell that ;) my second clutch starting to hatch today.. LOTS of work ahead, but so fascinating!! What bloodlines are you working with if you don't mind me asking? My males are from Candy Cane line of Chameleon paradise and females are Jake from the same ;) wishing you the best!!
Nathan

There is a thread somewhere on the forum that discussed your question. Basically states looking at the base of the tail near the cloaca and sexual dimorphism at this area even at a young age. I will try to find and direct to you :) on a side note my very first clutch starting hatching out on May 18th as well and I live in Northern California... What a quoinkidink or however you spell that ;) my second clutch starting to hatch today.. LOTS of work ahead, but so fascinating!! What bloodlines are you working with if you don't mind me asking? My males are from Candy Cane line of Chameleon paradise and females are Jake from the same ;) wishing you the best!!
Nathan

Wish I new the bloodlines but I got my male (Murdock) from a petaluma reptile expo from East Bay Vivariums supposed to be pure blue bar ambilobe. My female R.I.P (Peach) I got from the sac expo i'm guessing she's a blue bar cross but not sure I cant remember the vendor. Where in norcal are you located. I will be looking for future breeders for some holdbacks of this clutch.

Back
Top Bottom