First lay for 20 month furcifer pardalis

Pickle-cham

Chameleon Enthusiast
Charlotte aged just shy of 21 months layed her first batch of eggs, she is doing well & eaten & had a drink since. She spent all day Friday digging not in her lay bin but a heavily rooted Schefflera arboricola plant pot, she bruised her face and back legs which has cleared up today and her lighter colour is returning.
PXL_20211201_102635055.jpg

She layed a total of 15 eggs which i strugged to dig out of her dwarf umbrella tree pot (hope it survives). Which i feel is somewhere near a perfect amount for a panther so think my diet is somewhat close to ideal and basking of 28 Celsius spot on.
PXL_20211201_102608864.jpg

I have tropical giant orange arthropods in the potted plants as well as springtails so somewhat already bio. Reason i dug them up was too check the count too see if needed to review husbandry
Good thing, I did thee same and putted them back afterwards and filled everything up again. At least now you know everything is spot on 👌👌

Reason i dug them up was too check the count too see if needed to review husbandry
Are they fertile? Did you plant bury them again?

The reason makes perfect sense, but I would think one would dig them up either way—either to incubate or dispose(?)

Are they fertile? Did you plant bury them again?

The reason makes perfect sense, but I would think one would dig them up either way—either to incubate or dispose(?)
No infertile tbh i was beginning to think she was Nulliparous as she is getting closer two 2 years old shes had a couple of very yellow (like egg yolk) stools before that i had thought maybe was uncalcified eggs passsing.
And i wont be putting tham back in incase they go stinky😂

Back
Top Bottom