first ime in the sun in his life

the guy I rescued Charlie wonka from never took him out side looks to me like he enjoyed it anyone else have theres out??

Attachments

• picture058.jpg
    picture058.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 223
  • picture049.jpg
    picture049.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 217
Still a bit cool here in Pa to take mine out...then again, he still runs from me. Only had him for a bit over a week now, working on getting him to trust me, doesn't take off when I have food in my fingers or a dish in my hands, but just looks at it and me, doesn't feed til I leave the room.

Had my boys out today. Our Jackson seems to enjoy the sunshine, but the panther does not. He sits on a branch, holds on tight and looks terrified. After a couple hours he finally started to move around.

Brandon try luring him out on a branch. dront grab him with your hands instead use a stick with a few twigs coming out of it that ahs been sterilized . get him on that and take him out. chams don't like to be handled and he would feel more comfortable on the stick as he moves flip the stick.

Where are you in Maryland? I'm in College Park.

My guyz were out practicly all day yesterday, and Noogie likes the early
morning, cool sun. Then I put the others out a few hours later.

Its 7:30am and sunny (for now) but I haven't been outside yet.

I hope to let them stay out all day again!!
Everyone has his own outside cage. And I take turns letting them climb
on my tiny backyard tree (much to the amusement of my neighbor) or run
around in the grass :D

They LOVE that! 'IM FREE.....IM FREEEEEE.....oh oh, here he comes!!"

What outside temps are considered ok for panthers and veiled. I been waiting till its around 80 or so, but unfortunately it has been hanging around mid 60's here the last few days.

Reason I ask is Alexandria, VA has roughly the same temps, if not a little warmer than College Park, MD. Can we take them out in mid 60's?

I just put my digital thermometer in the sun and when it's 80, I first put my montanes out, when 85 to 90, my veiled goes out, and lastly, my panther.

As soon as Sméagol gets outside, he turns almost black, and his eyes appear
to glow!!
When I take him inside, I have to do it gradual, so he does not go from full
sun, to indoor cool and dark.
He freaks out, and takes him a good hour to adjust and realize he is back
inside :rolleyes:

Your going by sun light temp, like a basking spot not ambient temp. I was thinking along those lines since the sun light is alot warmer than ambient. Also, in regards to him coming to me, I offered a finger, but since it has only been a week, he is probably still a bit leary of me, though showing signs of getting used to me looking in and moving feeding cups in and out. I do want to put more branches in, I had one outside I cut off of the branches when i trimmed some trees out in front of the house and never got to cook it off yet for sanitization.

Ugh I am so ready for some sun. It's still hanging in the 40's up here. I don't know who's chomping at the bit more to get outside, me or the critters. Alas I am hoping it might actually hit 50ish today so we can at least sit in the front window and dream:)
It doesn't give them any UV but they seem to enjoy it anyway.
sharl

Any time it's above 70F all of mine will go outside. Really, anything above 50-60F will be fine as well but I don't like being outside in the 60's or lower, so I don't take them out because I don't want to sit with them lol.

But mine have been outside for a couple months now full-time, though 55F nights and 90F days and everything in between. During the very hottest days/times of day they get a lot more water than usual and are in the shade. There is still plenty of UV in the shade but they aren't roasting in direct sunlight during the height of the day.

Any time it's above 70F all of mine will go outside. Really, anything above 50-60F will be fine as well but I don't like being outside in the 60's or lower, so I don't take them out because I don't want to sit with them lol.

But mine have been outside for a couple months now full-time, though 55F nights and 90F days and everything in between. During the very hottest days/times of day they get a lot more water than usual and are in the shade. There is still plenty of UV in the shade but they aren't roasting in direct sunlight during the height of the day.

Ditto. If it's at least 60 and sunny, we're outside. If it's 65 and no sun, I prefer to keep them indoors. I'll keep the boys out at night down to 55 or so.

Back
Top Bottom