First enclosure setup

Bamajoker

Opinions please ?
F4248412-A74A-45EE-8A6C-A079FEAD41DA.jpeg
D0CB5F04-5804-4C7C-AD0A-FD00414B3DAB.jpeg

looks like someone did their homework ? Great job.

What kind of Chameleon are you getting?

looks like someone did their homework ? Great job.

What kind of Chameleon are you getting?
Got him today actually
Driskel JuvY from flchams.
He looks really good.
He has been hiding since he got here though. I’ll catch him creeping out to look around every once in a while

Got him today actually
Driskel JuvY from flchams.
He looks really good.
He has been hiding since he got here though. I’ll catch him creeping out to look around every once in a while
You have a ton of live plants... Why did you put in fake plants as well? You could pull all the fake stuff and it would be better.

I just have two fake pothos vine wrapped around two benda branch

the rest is all real
Ok I thought I saw more then that. Looks great. Dense but great. As long as your cham can navigate it and you can find urates and stools to make sure they look right then your all set.

The plants on the bottom panel... You will notice those dying off due to lack of light. Both the croton and the bromeliad will struggle. Might consider pulling them. Then you have access to clean the bottom panel too.

Ok I thought I saw more then that. Looks great. Dense but great. As long as your cham can navigate it and you can find urates and stools to make sure they look right then your all set.

The plants on the bottom panel... You will notice those dying off due to lack of light. Both the croton and the bromeliad will struggle. Might consider pulling them. Then you have access to clean the bottom panel too.
They get natural sunlight where they are at also?‍♂️ I will see how they do. May move them outside every few days

Yes from the front it looks dense but if you look from the side it’s mainly branches with like a “canopy” the inside of the cage is mainly walkways

Can you provide the specs for your enclosure? I saw you commented size. But what are the temps, humidity ranges, type of UVB, etc?

Basking area is around 85-92 depending on which branch he chooses.

Humidity when cage is dry is around 40-50% after misting it hang around 85-90%

Cage temp range from 65 at bottom to the 70s up higher

UVB is a reptisun Linear T8 5.0
I don’t have a way to measure the UVB yet

Gotcha. And how old is your cham? Hard to tell with him wrapped around the branch ;)

Most keepers are using T5s for their UVB these days. They are the latest tech and put out more UVB than the T8s. I'd consider bumping up to a T8 10.0, or getting a T5 5.0. There are some great threads floating around about the differences between T8s and T5s so be sure to check those out via the search bar.

Gotcha. And how old is your cham? Hard to tell with him wrapped around the branch ;)

Most keepers are using T5s for their UVB these days. They are the latest tech and put out more UVB than the T8s. I'd consider bumping up to a T8 10.0, or getting a T5 5.0. There are some great threads floating around about the differences between T8s and T5s so be sure to check those out via the search bar.
I am I have an arcadia bulb ordered if it will ever show up,
And he is around 4 months

Oh awesome!!

Okay so the reason why I asked how old he was, is because a basking temp of 92 is pretty toasty for a 4 month old. I know you said 85-92F but you really want to do your best to keep it at 85F. 90F+ is getting closer to adult basking temps.

Oh awesome!!

Okay so the reason why I asked how old he was, is because a basking temp of 92 is pretty toasty for a 4 month old. I know you said 85-92F but you really want to do your best to keep it at 85F. 90F+ is getting closer to adult basking temps.
he stays in the 85 range, have not seen him move up any higher

Back
Top Bottom