First Clutch

Cham1224

Hello, I have to say that having my girl lay her first clutch was very stressful :oops: I felt like a mid-wife lol. She didn't see me though and figured I would ask what people typically do after the eggs are laid and she is up and about. Very tired, she ate 3 hornworms on Sunday morning. She started her digging early Saturday morning, slept in her very large hole she dug Saturday night and laid her eggs Sunday morning. We let her rest and took the eggs out today and she had 46. I cannot believe she had all of these in her little belly.*mind blown*🤯. I have been misting her a little extra since Sunday Morning and she had a few supeworms today. Water drip is there but have not seen her drink from it. Just want to make sure I'm doing the right things for her to keep her happy. She is bright green again and sleeping. Thanks for any input.

Attachments

• 6CBAEC4B-E1C8-48C3-8395-201BFC5AF6BC.jpeg
    6CBAEC4B-E1C8-48C3-8395-201BFC5AF6BC.jpeg
    249.4 KB · Views: 65
Good that she laid them!
Assuming it's a veiled?

Feed her well for a couple of feedings and then cut her food back and put her basking temperature at 80F.this will help her to produce less eggs and should save her from developing follicular stasis and eggbinding, and other health issues connected with producing big clutches. Feed her only 4 to 5 crickets 2 or 3 times a week...or equal calories in other insects.

Yes, she is a veiled. Her little nose is dirty and her front facial area, do I just leave it? lol Like they have people washing their faces in their own habitat. ;) She came running for her feeding today like she was starving so of course my instinct was to say "oh my gosh she is starving from such a stressful weekend" and I want to feed her more but totally understand that reason behind the other side of it.

Like I said...you can feed her a bit extra for a couple of feedings...then cut her back....and I really do mean on,y for a couple of feedings!

As for the face...they have to deal with it on their own in the wild...so I usually just leave it. Misting will likely take off some of it.
I always use sand produced by Kings from Home Depot because over the years I've learned that it doesn't cause problems.

Back
Top Bottom