First clutch...

Onemorecast

so my veiled is seemingly going to lay her first clutch, shes been digging all day, im curious how long do they usually dig for before laying. The bin is 13" across, its round and has 13-14" of playsand in it. Doesnt seem shes making much headway, but I dont want to peek in any further and disturb her.

View My Video

Also since she hasnt left all day is it ok if she sleeps in her hole and or continues digging after lights out, she has 3 ways to leave bin the laddwr a branch and a fake tree, shes not stuck...if she wanted to leave at any point she deff has option.

Sometimes they dig some test holes, other times they just dig a hole and lay the eggs. You can leave her e in the hole or bucket, whatever she likes. Most females lay their eggs in the later afternoon or evening. She could very well lay her eggs and be sitting in her tree in the morning. She'll need some extra food and calcium and water when she's done, you know some TLC!

Awesome thanks guys, yeah she has some nice horn worms and cal waiting and all the water shell need when shes done. Pretty amazing thing to watch them dig, let alone lay.

Sure enough that seems to be exactly what she did. Clearly she was unhappy with dad taking her picture being all sandy and dirty. But she ate crickets covered in cal (something she hasnt done since shes been gravid, eat) and lost that belly of hers she had. Hole is covered up I will go hunt for eggs later once shes away from bin, dont want to stress her or make her super defensive now because shes right above em.

uploadimage

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom