First chameleon

RexandRain

I jsut got a chameleon today for my B-day, My dad shipped it over night from NJ to my house so he arrived this morning around 10
My older bro has a chameleon too that I am taking care of while he is away.
his chameleon is a baby while mine is 1 month older than his.
I was just wondering if I could get any general tips on taking care of it, my bro taught me how to take care of his so I know the basics. anything else I should know about?
here is a pic of him
rexxor.jpg

Last edited:
he looks dehydrated. fill this out so we can get what you know and need to know.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Current Problem - The current problem that you are concerned about.

well off the bat, he looks dehydrated from his trip, get him some extra water for the first couple of days, and other then that leave him alone in his enclosure.

Handsome lookin guy, which locale is he, he almost looks mixed.

to me... he looks stressed and just about to shed... but then again... i could be wrong.

actually, now that i look at him. he doesnt look like he's abuot to shed. I still dont think he looks dehydrated though.

Last edited:
If your chameleon is only one month older-neither of you have babies. That is an adult Panther.

well that picture was taken before his trip and I watered him and everything. I'll post the info later right now I have to go

Back
Top Bottom