First Chameleon Ivy :)

I replaced hard plastic plants with softer silk plants+live plants because it is currently able to provide the most coverage and hiding in her enclosure while keeping live plants in it. When I get her a larger enclosure with more ground space I will likely make the change to exclusively live plants.
I'm sorry—that doesn't follow. Why bring in more artificial when you could have brought in all-live? Artificial doesn't provide more coverage and hiding than live.

And why wait? Plants don't necessarily have to be ground-based; they can be hung from above or suspended from the sides.

You don't need expensive ledges to do this. If you can manage a hacksaw and drill, you can
get some aluminum from a big-box home improvement store (Home Despot, Lows, etc.)—bar/strap, angle, or channel (whichever you prefer), cut to length with a hacksaw, drill a hole at each end, and use sheet metal screws to attach directly to the inside of the frame. It's actually not that hard, and far less expensive than PVC rails.

https://dragonstrand.com/qa-what-is-the-minimum-cage-size-for-a-female-panther-chameleon/

I'm sorry—that doesn't follow. Why bring in more artificial when you could have brought in all-live? Artificial doesn't provide more coverage and hiding than live.

And why wait? Plants don't necessarily have to be ground-based; they can be hung from above or suspended from the sides.

You don't need expensive ledges to do this. If you can manage a hacksaw and drill, you can
get some aluminum from a big-box home improvement store (Home Despot, Lows, etc.)—bar/strap, angle, or channel (whichever you prefer), cut to length with a hacksaw, drill a hole at each end, and use sheet metal screws to attach directly to the inside of the frame. It's actually not that hard, and far less expensive than PVC rails.

https://dragonstrand.com/qa-what-is-the-minimum-cage-size-for-a-female-panther-chameleon/
This is such a great idea!! Never thought about this!

Back
Top Bottom