FIRE RECALL WARNING!!! If you have this lamp THROW IT AWAY!

Dez

Chamalot Chameleons
My parents who live in Maine had a HOUSE FIRE yesterday and it was caused by a Discovery Kids Animated Fish Lamp.

After the fire I researched the lamp and found that it had been RECALLED DUE TO REPORTS OF IT CATCHING ON FIRE!!

It caught the bed on fire in a babys room and the whole mattress of the bed was engulfed in flames in a matter of seconds. My sister suffered minor burns but was able to get herself and her 1 and half year old son (My nephew) out of the house . The baby could have very easily been in that room as he was suppose to be down for a nap at the time it happened.. but was fussy so my sister got him back up. so we are all thankful that it was not much much worse.

The whole upstairs burned and everything else downstairs suffered from water damage from the fire hose. My family who have lived in that house for 25 years now can not live in their home and have to stay in a hotel until further notice.

If you have one of these lamps, THROW IT AWAY!!!! The one they had was the fish one but the safari theme one can also catch fire.. Here is the report:

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml10/10135.html
 

Attachments

laurie

Retired Moderator
I am so sorry to hear about your family. That would be horrible . Thanks so much for sharing the info about the lamp. Hopefully that will prevent someone here from a fire.
 

Dez

Chamalot Chameleons
I am so sorry to hear about your family. That would be horrible . Thanks so much for sharing the info about the lamp. Hopefully that will prevent someone here from a fire.
That is what I am hoping! We didn't know about the recall or the problems until it was too late.
 

jessica

Avid Member
Thats horrible! It's a blessing your sister's baby is safe. I'm sorry to hear about your family's house, but glad to hear they are safe.
 
Top Bottom