Fire belly toads

lilblacky

Anyone have any experience with them?

I currently have 2 of them and belive 1 is male and one is female because one of them keeps mounting the other and they bark haha.

I looked in the cage yesterday and it looks like the one that is always being humped is quite a bit fatter then the other.

I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that you cant really sex them without probing (which I don't want to do).

Only reason I think one is male and one is female is because one of them (which is a deep green) is the only one that is ever on top in the whole mating thing the other that is always on bottom is more of a tanish green color.

Have you ever dealt with fire belly tadpoles?

I am guessing I have two females and one male but despite this I have not come across tadpoles once. Sometimes I see one mount another one and you hear a squeeky toy sound but I did read that they sometimes call out to say "get off me I am the same sex!" lol

The males are more slender then females and the males have the two round glands if I can remember correctly on the back of there necks. I used to keep these guys. They live a very long time with proper care. I had them last 10+ years!

Back
Top Bottom