finished free range!

joshuadh2310

Established Member
So the free range is completely finished(for now lmao). tell me what you guys think! all comments/questions/improvements are welcome! Also these pictures just can't do it justice it looks amazing to me in person.

Full image:
IMG_0835.JPG

Left side:
IMG_0836.JPG

Right side:
IMG_0837.JPG

so for the drainage i built a custom frame and then used some washer and dryer pans to catch the water and drilled bulkheads into those so the water drains down into two buckets and then i can empty it from there. also the plastic is stapled down to drain into them as well and then screen is ran over the top to keep anything and the chameleon out of it! oh and the tree area also has a pan under it but it doesn't get much water at all so its easy to care for.

IMG_0828.JPG

so for the drainage i built a custom frame and then used some washer and dryer pans to catch the water and drilled bulkheads into those so the water drains down into two buckets and then i can empty it from there. also the plastic is stapled down to drain into them as well and then screen is ran over the top to keep anything and the chameleon out of it! oh and the tree area also has a pan under it but it doesn't get much water at all so its easy to care for.

View attachment 178770
Now I like it even better.
U and @Extensionofgreen are both great to build things for the chameleons(y)

Why dont u put him on so u can find out for sure which that brings my next question,why not put a safety net on the bottom so it will be even better for the cham.
Well a safety net would require a lot more holes in the wall as well as having to possibly redesign some things. Also I don't think it's necessary as he is healthy and shouldn't have problems falling. But can't test it yet he is not quit in my hands.
Yo thats really creative I like it a lot. :) makes me want to try some new stuff out for my chams lol
You should! It was a lot of fun for me to design everything some of it was a pain to put up but worth it in the end.

Well a safety net would require a lot more holes in the wall as well as having to possibly redesign some things. Also I don't think it's necessary as he is healthy and shouldn't have problems falling. But can't test it yet he is not quit in my hands.

You should! It was a lot of fun for me to design everything some of it was a pain to put up but worth it in the end.
Lets hope everything as u planning to be.

I love it but I would not want it in my living room for the very valid reason that my wife would murder me in my sleep and I kinda want to live at least a couple of decades more.
(y)
Lol its not in my living room it's in my spare bedroom that's turned into the Cham room!
Looks like he will have a nice place to hang out!
And yes hopefully! Thanks to you and andee helping me out with some ideas!

Basement ,bedroom ,guest room, second toilet room ,they can even free range in the attic if they like ,I wish Im handy builder like u guys....welcome to the Jungle....
Do you really have a free range like that? I want pictures!

Back
Top Bottom