Finally Won the War!!!! :) :)

zombiepixel

Man, I can't believe I have the fortune of saying this.

My boy TROGDOR is finally clear of parasites!!!!

I didn't think it was going to be possible to ever get rid of the coccidia. It took 3 treatments. After the second we god rid of the hooks and now I just got word that the sample I collected yesterday afternoon was clear of everything but normal everyday poo (or whatever non parasitic stuff is in poo)!!

He had a hard time for a while, his casque started to mis-shape, he got thin and he isn't nearly the size he should be for his age. I felt horrible and thought for sure I was failing as new cham owner, I was starting to get really discouraged that cause me to stay away from the forums. However, the past month or so he's grown a bit and starting to put on weight again. He actually has been shedding more. Hopefully he can keep it up and live the rest of his days feeling mean and happy. I'm taking this opportunity and running with it, New bigger cage time!!

He hasn't had his favorite ficus for a while now, I think a good present for this achievement would be too get him a new plant on my way home!! :)

Glad to hear that he checked clean. Coccidia is very hard to get rid of and very easy to get re-infected. A new cage and all new furniture would be an excellent idea.

Back
Top Bottom