Finally ordered my first baby veiled cham today.

Joann

I know I was on here way back with plans to get one but life got in the way. Anyway I am finally in a position to get one. I have a 24x24x48 reptibreeze. However Im pretty sure he will be way to small for it at first and dont feel comfortable putting him in it yet. I am going get a tub and screen in the top for the first few months. Mostly for me so I know he is eating and it will be easier to keep an eye on him.
I dont have an electric mister yet so will have to do this by hand for the first month.I did order crickets though.And have calcium already..
Anyway Im excited and will probably get it next week when they can ship(the weather is a bit hot this week).

Congrats! I have owned ALOT of different animals and chameleons have to be the most interestingly unique unfurry, or furry friends I've ever had. Male or female? I started with a female, I knew they were more difficult (or were supposed to be but my Blanche is awesome) but I've always clicked more with my females furry friends so I figured the same for the unfurry. Any who you will be more than pleased with your desicion. You know it's funny I've only owned a chameleon for 4-5 months now and it seems like Blanche has been here my whole 26 years. It's life changingly wonderful! Good luck light and love to you and yours!

Thanks Jannb for the caresheet. Ive been searching for a good baby care sheet. I already have a temp gun ( I keep cornsnakes).
So Im halfway there. I am getting a reptisun bulb today but should I get the 5 or the 10, I would think the 10 would be better?.. I also have calcium with d3 dust(I use it for my mice that I raise, works great to sprinkle on their food). I only need to fix up a baby tub some time today.
Thanks Daypaul, Its a male. I also ordered crickets (smalls).

Do you have calcium without D3 also? The calcium with D3 should only be used once a month. How old is he and where did you find one?

Thanks Jannb for the caresheet. Ive been searching for a good baby care sheet. I already have a temp gun ( I keep cornsnakes).
So Im halfway there. I am getting a reptisun bulb today but should I get the 5 or the 10, I would think the 10 would be better?.. I also have calcium with d3 dust(I use it for my mice that I raise, works great to sprinkle on their food). I only need to fix up a baby tub some time today.
Thanks Daypaul, Its a male. I also ordered crickets (smalls).

How old ? And what is a baby tub lol. Tubs are for way small babys (and even then I wouldn't use that) you just need a cage likely.

Back
Top Bottom