finally my new custom cage is done!!!!

First of all, great cage! I like the shelf idea, too. You could put a pothos or other tendril type plant on the shelf and let it hang and grow down. That would be great!

thank you very much! funny thing is, i have one for the shelf but decided not to use it because of how cluttered it got from the ficus! lol. great minds think alike, huh!?!?! it's sitting on a shelf near my desk now. its nice looking too, as it is in a tall and narrow porcelain planter (ok so i'm not that great at describing it:its 7"L X 2.5"W X 8"H). i might actually add it in there anyways now that you mention it! :p

Right on! In my opinion, it wouldn't be too cluttered. If the pothos was long enough, it would give access from the dwarf schefflera at the bottom to the ficus and the shelf.

Right on! In my opinion, it wouldn't be too cluttered. If the pothos was long enough, it would give access from the dwarf schefflera at the bottom to the ficus and the shelf.

thing has 2 runners, one is about 8' long and the other about 3.5'. so it might look really nice. cool thing is that i grew it from another pothos in my house so i know its pesticide free! i think that i will add it in tomorrow when i get home from work. he actually enjoys being on the right side of the cage during the day where he can bask under his UVB and plant spotlight, so he may just venture on down that plant to check out the bottom one of these days... :p

Beautiful cage, seems well thought out too. The only thing that kinda takes away from it is the bulb on top sticking out over the sides. It looks like you have waterproof endcaps on the bulb for an aquarium? If so perhaps you could mount the bulb inside the cage in a corner going vertically ? A smaller bulb would most likely be easiest but the cage looks great.

Beautiful cage, seems well thought out too. The only thing that kinda takes away from it is the bulb on top sticking out over the sides. It looks like you have waterproof endcaps on the bulb for an aquarium? If so perhaps you could mount the bulb inside the cage in a corner going vertically ? A smaller bulb would most likely be easiest but the cage looks great.

the bulb is temporary till tomorrow, actually. i had an accident with the other bulb i was using (24" reptisin 5.0 in a hood) so i had to borrow it from my bearded dragon for the week. the 48" fits perfectly over my dragon's cage and definately not over the chameleon's cage! lol!! :p
i was actually asking previously about putting the bulb vertically and had received negative feedback. people were saying that it could cause eye problems and there is also a risk of burns from my cham touching or trying to climb it. that is why i put some tinfoil for a reflector and placed it on top. the hood i am using for my 24" bulb is a great thing, it reaches to the sides exactly and works perfect. thanx for the idea, however i am getting my new bulb tomorrow morning. :)

Back
Top Bottom