Finally - live plants!

BuddhaBud

Established Member
Spent all night last night washing & re-potting 4 new scheffleras & a massive ravenea rivularis - 1 schefflera was added to his enclosure & the others + ravenea made free range spots around the loft. Needless to say Buddha's had a great day :rolleyes: All's we need now is a Mistking & drainage tray to complete his lil' empire (y)(Any suggestions, please feel free! (y))

20180216_191131.jpg
2018021695190848.jpg
20180216_191119.jpg
output.jpg

Attachments

• 20180216_191245.jpg
    20180216_191245.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 66
Okay, follow up question on the live plants - how do people usually deal with the fact their chameleon is pooping on leaves they might turn around & munch on later? I've been cleaning his poops up everyday & spraying the soiled leaves with water until they appear clean :cautious: not sure how I feel about this lol

My guy's poop usually hits one of the plant pots. I usually leave it there to be soaked into the soil as a fertilizer. I also have a Panther and he has never eaten a leaf as far as i know. Cool hammock you have for your guy, does he use it?

My guy's poop usually hits one of the plant pots. I usually leave it there to be soaked into the soil as a fertilizer. I also have a Panther and he has never eaten a leaf as far as i know. Cool hammock you have for your guy, does he use it?
Yeah, I guess I'll just continue to hand clean it off until we get our mister :rolleyes:

He does use the hammock, yeah! We positioned one of his basking lamps over the top level. He'll flatten himself out & lean super hard, almost looks like he's laying down on it but is somehow still standing lol

Once you have a misting system the poop is generally washed off. Otherwise just daily cleanings will be needed. Face it... you are a slave to a chameleon :p.
Haha, right?! The things we do for these lil' guys :love: Speaking of which, we just ordered our Mistking starter kit & the universal heavy duty dragon strand drainage tray. Reeeeally looking forward to making those upgrades! This live plant has already helped so much keeping the humidity up, can't wait to put the cherry on top!

Now to decide whether to add a bulkhead drain to the tray, or buy a wet-vac for water removal... :D

Back
Top Bottom