Finally Laying Eggs? A little Worried...

Pablothecow

I woke up this morning to hear weird scraping sounds coming from my chams cage. I couldnt find her anywhere in the cage and when i looked in the pot of her plant, i saw her digging a hole. I assume this means she is about to lay. But I'm worried that the pot might not be deep enough. I cant really touch her now and move her to a bin because it could make her not lay and she would die, right? I think i will just leave her be.. She knows what to do right? like she wont suffocate in the hole or anything?
If she had been giving signs, I would have moved her to a bin yesterday...
sorry,
-very panicky, new, unprepared mother:confused:

You should have a lay bin in a females cage at all times. I would leave her alone unless she seems to be in trouble or the hole collapses on her. Perhaps add a lay bin to the cage w vines going in to it now just in case she can't dig properly in the pot. Use vines or branches to give her a pathway to the bin.

Well her head is sticking out of the hole now so i assume shes laying.. I cant really get close enough to see if her eyes are open or not, but she seems ok besides the dirt on her face haha

Back
Top Bottom