Finally... Got My New Chams

tadeusz

Hello everyone, after about 6 months of preparing for everything and waiting for some babies, I finally got 3 baby Oustalet chameleons. Check out the pics, I didn't want to stress them, so I've pretty much left them alone since I picked them up from one of the forum members. Needless to say... I'm very impressed and it was a super smooth transaction. Thanks again Erik for everything! I really appreciate it!

DSCN0470.jpg

DSCN0466.jpg

DSCN0464.jpg

DSCN0463.jpg

DSCN0460.jpg

DSCN0461.jpg

Thanks, I appreciate it. They are getting settled in now. They had one heck of a road trip from California to North Phoenix by car. They have eaten a few crickets (about 8 total since yesterday afternoon). Not too worried though. Even seen all of them drink directly from the dripper so all seems well. Thanks again, I appreciate everyone's posts and knowledge, I've learned so much from the forums thus far and plan to keep active on them.

Get some live plants in with those guys! Oustalets are awesome chams-best of luck with them. If I had to guess by the pics you have all females?

I would have to say that one of them certainly is, but the pics are not the greatest. Did you think they are all males? At that age the males are certainly browning up.

I will admit that of the three one of them is of question!( and I told Tad that) the other two I am 85% sure that they are males...When I compaired them to all the other siblings of the same approx.age 1. they are 1/4+ larger than the others 2. The tail base is thicker 3. They haven't shown any of the overall light green coloration as some of the others...
Pictures#1 and #2 Female on top, male below
Also IF I am wrong I did tell tad that I will replace or otherwise make it right if I was incorrect..I stand behind my animals...

Attachments

• o1222-1.jpg
    o1222-1.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 121
  • o1222-2.jpg
    o1222-2.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 55
Thanks, I did have a live little pothos in there but ran into a gnat problem and had to get rid of it. I am able to keep humidity perfect without the use of live plants. As far as the sex... I have to agree with Erik. I know the pics are not that great, I really didn't want to bother them, but all show the brown/dark red coloration. The one that looks a little green is just a bad pic. It literally looks just like the other two just about half the size right now. Time will tell. I appreciate you explaining Erik.

Back
Top Bottom