Finally got an automatic sprayer :)

Boston Pitty

Established Member
Took a bit of time I know, but finnally glad I got one to keep Argo happy :)

It's nothing fancy, just a starter till I can save up for a mist king. Reptirain system that I got after A mis price match online. Works good for the starter cage. Argo is once again mad at me for invading his space, but he will love it after a day or two :)

Not sure how everyone else has their system hooked up in their cage, but it kept spraying everywhere but inside the cage until I poked a decent size hole and unscrewed the cap slid it through and closed it into the screen pointing downward over on one side of the cage. Now it rains every hour. Every hour isn't to much right? Next setting is every 3 hours?

Took a bit of time I know, but finnally glad I got one to keep Argo happy :)

It's nothing fancy, just a starter till I can save up for a mist king. Reptirain system that I got after A mis price match online. Works good for the starter cage. Argo is once again mad at me for invading his space, but he will love it after a day or two :)

Not sure how everyone else has their system hooked up in their cage, but it kept spraying everywhere but inside the cage until I poked a decent size hole and unscrewed the cap slid it through and closed it into the screen pointing downward over on one side of the cage. Now it rains every hour. Every hour isn't to much right? Next setting is every 3 hours?
How long do you mist?
It would be better to mist like 4-5 minutes 4x a day than lets say 1minute every hour as your chameleon will need some time to do his drinking and eye cleaning during misting. You also want to be sure the cage gets the chance to dry out in between mistings to prevent rotting and pools where bacterea can build up.

How long do you mist?
It would be better to mist like 4-5 minutes 4x a day than lets say 1minute every hour as your chameleon will need some time to do his drinking and eye cleaning during misting. You also want to be sure the cage gets the chance to dry out in between mistings to prevent rotting and pools where bacterea can build up.
It also depends on the nozzles itself I've only used mistking but that systems spray is a low micron size close to fog so you need to spray longer but it gets better surface area.

It also depends on the nozzles itself I've only used mistking but that systems spray is a low micron size close to fog so you need to spray longer but it gets better surface area.
Of course the minimum you should mist can depend on lots of things like; the animal, glass vs mesh, the area you live in (humidity), size of the enclosure, nozzles and amount of nozzles etc...
But your chameleon may prefer longer misting because that gives him more time to clean eyes and drink... Especially my Jax takes his sweet time in his routine.

Back
Top Bottom