FINALLY found a good carpenter. Whoop!

Tucklander

Avid Member
A lot of you all have inspired me here but someone (chime in) can’t remember??? found an octagonal enclosure and I instantly was like,“Hey hey hey, that’s for me!” So I’ve been calling around with this weird idea of a plexiglass and screen octagonal reptile cage to no avail. Today I found my carpenter and Harry’s gonna have his mini architectural skyscraper! It should be ready by September and best of all: Me (oh heck :eek:) will be assisting with the build. It’s going to cost me around $50 and a piece of furniture (I hate :ROFLMAO:) that the guy really wants out of my garage to repurpose. Win Win. Best of all I’ve known this guy my whole life. It’s my younger brother and man he is a great carpenter. All I had to do was send him this pic below and he was like, cool when do you want it? So stoked(y) pic is just the general idea, Harry’s pad will be way cooler and sit on a matching cabinet. Did I say I was excited yet! Mistking in the mail, new enclosure nailed down...:D:D:D

Attachments

• 0FE4B922-0061-43F3-A4C7-B736813FBE2A.jpeg
    0FE4B922-0061-43F3-A4C7-B736813FBE2A.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 155
Im getting close to mine too be done. Putting last couple coats of sealer on my rock wall then can put it in and then letting it air out little. Then done.

Last edited:
Here is the walls i been working on. And what its going in. If you haven’t seen yet.

Attachments

• 991D76E8-8B33-4271-ADD4-51B1E8750336.jpeg
    991D76E8-8B33-4271-ADD4-51B1E8750336.jpeg
    208.4 KB · Views: 98
  • B5E007FF-8655-40AB-B90C-98480FA1DCE3.jpeg
    B5E007FF-8655-40AB-B90C-98480FA1DCE3.jpeg
    164.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 744B0FB4-CA58-4C7B-8E3C-83C1D55D83CA.jpeg
    744B0FB4-CA58-4C7B-8E3C-83C1D55D83CA.jpeg
    477.2 KB · Views: 117
  • 55D0CB90-0EBD-4095-B09C-02AA5E7993AD.jpeg
    55D0CB90-0EBD-4095-B09C-02AA5E7993AD.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 123
Wow that’s looking amazing! Lucky you, lucky Cham! Great job man! That’ll be great in your home. Can’t wait to see the completed project...

A lot of you all have inspired me here but someone (chime in) can’t remember??? found an octagonal enclosure and I instantly was like,“Hey hey hey, that’s for me!” So I’ve been calling around with this weird idea of a plexiglass and screen octagonal reptile cage to no avail. Today I found my carpenter and Harry’s gonna have his mini architectural skyscraper! It should be ready by September and best of all: Me (oh heck :eek:) will be assisting with the build. It’s going to cost me around $50 and a piece of furniture (I hate :ROFLMAO:) that the guy really wants out of my garage to repurpose. Win Win. Best of all I’ve known this guy my whole life. It’s my younger brother and man he is a great carpenter. All I had to do was send him this pic below and he was like, cool when do you want it? So stoked(y) pic is just the general idea, Harry’s pad will be way cooler and sit on a matching cabinet. Did I say I was excited yet! Mistking in the mail, new enclosure nailed down...:D:D:D

So what are your plans for scaping this cage when it's done? An idea I thinking, especially if its going to have viewing 360 degrees around it, would be get a large diameter piece of PVC and secure it standing up. Drill some holes into it and insert branches out of the holes. you could also add plant baskets attached to it, then do the Pond and Stone (or regular GS) foam around the PVC to hide it.

So what are your plans for scaping this cage when it's done? An idea I thinking, especially if its going to have viewing 360 degrees around it, would be get a large diameter piece of PVC and secure it standing up. Drill some holes into it and insert branches out of the holes. you could also add plant baskets attached to it, then do the Pond and Stone (or regular GS) foam around the PVC to hide it.
That’s a brilliant idea, may incorporate! Thanks!

@Tucklander , you're welcome. Another thing I just thought is depending on how you setup drainage on the cage you can use a second PVC pipe to run all wires and misting hoses. So what I picture is that you secure the PVC for the structure with something like a toilet flange, then in the bottom add a bulkhead (mainly used on fish tanks, creates a water tight seal). Insert the second PVC tube in and use this as a dry chase, can use PVC solvent to make sure there's no water seeping in. You can run all the power cords up this and your misting tubing also. That way there are no exposed wired in or out of the enclosure.

@Tucklander , you're welcome. Another thing I just thought is depending on how you setup drainage on the cage you can use a second PVC pipe to run all wires and misting hoses. So what I picture is that you secure the PVC for the structure with something like a toilet flange, then in the bottom add a bulkhead (mainly used on fish tanks, creates a water tight seal). Insert the second PVC tube in and use this as a dry chase, can use PVC solvent to make sure there's no water seeping in. You can run all the power cords up this and your misting tubing also. That way there are no exposed wired in or out of the enclosure.
Alright engineering guy, I might need to pm you later, you’re full of great ideas !

wow, so cool!

Here is the walls i been working on. And what its going in. If you haven’t seen yet.
Rob! Awesome! I absolutely hate the cages for Chameleons. Mine sits in my living room and it just sucks. I've looked around the city to find a piece to make one as well and I'm still searching for the right look! You've inspired me though! Please post pics of the finished product...HandBag would love a stylish pad...

Rob! Awesome! I absolutely hate the cages for Chameleons. Mine sits in my living room and it just sucks. I've looked around the city to find a piece to make one as well and I'm still searching for the right look! You've inspired me though! Please post pics of the finished product...HandBag would love a stylish pad...
Here is some pics need to take better ones. Its what i have on my phone.

Attachments

• 28105109-92A7-45C6-9AEE-09224A59DBD5.jpeg
    28105109-92A7-45C6-9AEE-09224A59DBD5.jpeg
    178.3 KB · Views: 110
  • 057B36A9-6E27-4AD6-8E2E-2427D5B48F3E.jpeg
    057B36A9-6E27-4AD6-8E2E-2427D5B48F3E.jpeg
    231 KB · Views: 117
Back
Top Bottom