Fight!!!!!

aplazbarr

Established Member
Has anyone seen 2 chams fight. I never have but was wondering what it would look like since they tend to move so slowly. Does anyone have pics or vid of this. Please don't produce any if you don't...................but if you do I'm curious.

Get on you tube. Look up chameleon vs chameleon. There are also vids of jacksons fights. It is interesting to see how they joust but personally I wouldnt make any of mine or any in the wild fight but if they found each other then that is a different story;)

That was CRAZY. Thanks. hey we should tell the guy w/the thread "Pictures of a little confrontation" to be careful.

That was an awesome video, well worth it to watch the whole thing but the encounter between the 2 mellers was something else!

Those were interesting. So, I take it if they joust and the one that almost or does get pushed off of the branch is the loser? Interesting. Watching them shoot for food that was more than their body length away was awesome!

Those were interesting. So, I take it if they joust and the one that almost or does get pushed off of the branch is the loser? Interesting. Watching them shoot for food that was more than their body length away was awesome!

Its really neat to see melleri show off. they aren't biters from my understanding... they just like to show off and push eachother around. if you check out the Melleri forum on this site Suzanne has some good pics of her Melleri giving another melleri a rostrum punch HAHAHA i love that term, good one K!

Link

Kristina has had melleri use a tail whip - on her. And it hurts, apparantly. Amazing that they can get such speed with a prehensile tail.

Those melleri I think are a different type - Malawi, right? Probably a different subspecies, if anyone bothered to study the differences.

The three-horned species (and their cousins) seem to have more civilized ways of resolving territorial disputes than the other species. Maybe it's their environment? Dense plants life means higher concentration of individuals and a need for non violent methods?

Open enviornments leads ot a more diffuse population - males up high, females down below - males have to show off with coloration to fend off rivals, keep them far away. Those species seem to hate each other more - panthers and veileds for instance. Two male deremensis can live within visual range and bo ok - veileds will constantly try to get to each other to kill each other. And they will.

I love one of my old breeders years ago to a fight. Can't remember the details, but he escaped and I found the two males in a tight, bloody ball... got the flesh torn off his jaw and died a few months later. Sucked.

What type of cham is that 4:14 into the video? its awesome looking!

I believe it is a Bradypodion pumilum or a Cape Dwarf Chameleon. Not positive. The guy on the video called it an South African Dwarf Chameleon which puts it in the Bradypodion family, but then he also said something about being cold in the Cape...so I put 2 and 2 together. But someone will corrrect me if I am wrong :)

Last edited:
thats sad in the first vid...poor cham

for some reason the second one wont play for me, maybe my net went slowmo.

thats sad in the first vid...poor cham

for some reason the second one wont play for me, maybe my net went slowmo.

I guess it is sad, but if you ask me the little guy had it coming. Its is like when a squirrel is sitting on a branch teasing a dog thinking it can't reach it...and then *Snatch* the dog jumps up and grabs it...sad...a little...but he defiantly had it coming :) Squirrels do it to my moms dogs all the time...but neither of them could ever catch it...so I guess the squirrelly wins that battle! :)

I don't think the little guy had it coming since the photographer probably placed him next to the bigger cham for some good footage.

Well if that is truely the case, then I agree it is sad. But all this happens in nature, it is part a big circle. I obviously didn't get any pleasure out of it. I hope a person didn't just do it for the shoot, but I guess I wouldn't put it past some people.

Back
Top Bottom