Fig the chameleon!!

Tera_R

Established Member
Heyo so it’s been a while and I wanted to give an update on fig. He now has an extra large cage which is almost completely fake plant free! His health has improved tremendously he eats regularly and he has found a few new favorite snacks. I am still having trouble with one of his eyes I have another vet appointment on the 6th. But the other eye seems to be doing great and fig himself has become very active!!! *Also for now the cage has to stay on the floor because I haven’t been able to find a stand to put it on*
9D2D948C-44D0-4426-87A6-105BA28FE250.jpeg
DFE4F679-8FBC-4303-849D-BB9E9CC9573D.jpeg
72323AFB-35B2-4A59-ADA2-8BF8D802754C.jpeg

Hi! I like all the lush greenery you have in there. Also, neat idea with the pvc pipe and the fogger for full coverage. Glad to hear fig is doing better.

Amazing progress and great cage! I'd put the fake plants on the outside of the cage (hung on the screen or just placed right in front) to help prevent the risk of him eating then while still providing coverage for privacy. Also, are those Exo Terra vines, and do you fog during the day?

Amazing progress and great cage! I'd put the fake plants on the outside of the cage (hung on the screen or just placed right in front) to help prevent the risk of him eating then while still providing coverage for privacy. Also, are those Exo Terra vines, and do you fog during the day?
I believe so yes and I made sure to soak and brush them to release any shed. Also yeah the humidity it really hard to keep up and I cannot afford a mister so I manually mist and use the fogger to make sure it’s at a good level

I believe so yes and I made sure to soak and brush them to release any shed. Also yeah the humidity it really hard to keep up and I cannot afford a mister so I manually mist and use the fogger to make sure it’s at a good level
Okay, you don't want to be fogging during the day, only at night when it's at or under 65°F, otherwise it's dangerous. What's the daytime humidity levels? To help raise daytime humidity, you can add more live plants, mist longer, get a whole room cool mist humidifier for the room the cage is in, and/or cover the back and sides of the cage.

Okay, you don't want to be fogging during the day, only at night when it's at or under 65°F, otherwise it's dangerous. What's the daytime humidity levels? To help raise daytime humidity, you can add more live plants, mist longer, get a whole room cool mist humidifier for the room the cage is in, and/or cover the back and sides of the cage.
Daytime is normally between 50% and 60%, all of his plants are live other than the 2 front ones hanging towards the front, 3 of the sides have shower curtain on them. so other than the room humidifier I doing really know what else to do. Also out of curiosity what makes it dangerous? Is it not similar to misting but only finer droplets of water? Could it cause a respiratory infection?

Daytime is normally between 50% and 60%, all of his plants are live other than the 2 front ones hanging towards the front, 3 of the sides have shower curtain on them. so other than the room humidifier I doing really know what else to do. Also out of curiosity what makes it dangerous? Is it not similar to misting but only finer droplets of water? Could it cause a respiratory infection?
Sorry, I didn't see the shower curtain! Veileds only need 30-50% humidity during the day. High temps and high humidity are a recipe for for a respiratory infection

Back
Top Bottom