Ficus help!

Amanda1801

I've taken Freddie the Ficus out of Colin's cage as he's now very bare! I've bought a new one and Colin is loving it...

So, I need to recuperate poor old Freddie the Ficus - Any ideas on the best way to do this?

Cheers,

Amanda

I use a few and rotate outside, good old sunshine, maybe a liquid fertiliser.
They do tend to drop some leaves due the change of condition each time you put them in the cage, but they recover given time. My female eats leaves and generally beats hell out of them, but they spring back after a few weeks outside, albeit with less leaves. :)

I use a few and rotate outside, good old sunshine, maybe a liquid fertiliser.
They do tend to drop some leaves due the change of condition each time you put them in the cage, but they recover given time. My female eats leaves and generally beats hell out of them, but they spring back after a few weeks outside, albeit with less leaves. :)

Excellent! lol Ive been looking for a new one for ages but its taken me ages to find one a good size - I think ill def. repot it with some new fresh compost, is there anything i need to look out for/be aware of in a fertiliser? Colin doesn't eat a great deal of his ficus, but he does nibble at it, and his locusts eat it like theres no tomorrow!

The weather isn't great here at the moment, but I'll shove it outside when the weather isnt gonna completely strip it of its leaves, I imagine some natural sunlight and rain might do it some good!

Excellent! lol Ive been looking for a new one for ages but its taken me ages to find one a good size - I think ill def. repot it with some new fresh compost, is there anything i need to look out for/be aware of in a fertiliser? Colin doesn't eat a great deal of his ficus, but he does nibble at it, and his locusts eat it like theres no tomorrow!

The weather isn't great here at the moment, but I'll shove it outside when the weather isnt gonna completely strip it of its leaves, I imagine some natural sunlight and rain might do it some good!

If you need any more ficus ASDA has loads of good size 1s for £5, i bought two yesterday.

Once you move it or whatever, DO NOT MOVE IT AGAIN! They get "mad" and drop their leaves when you do that. Just leave it in one area with nice bright light, and use compost juice to water it occasionally.

Yip, couldn't believe my luck. Lol, bargain! £25 for a 4ft one aint bad though.

they were just £25 for a ficus - I made the poor guy go and rummage out the back for the biggest one he could find me lol Most of the leaves are at the bottom though, where as his one that im currently trying to revive was really bushy up to the top

Back
Top Bottom