Few questions involving food

garcraw4

I'll be a new owner this week of a Veiled Chameleon and needed some advice. I ordered a package from LLLreptile that came with lights and cage so i'm fine on that. My main question was how much should i feed him a day? He is young, about 3-4 inches but not 100% on the age but he is a male. I bought small crickets to feed him but just have no idea how often, how much or if i let the crickets just go wild or keep them in a container in the cage until he gets use to it. Any help or advice would be very valuable. I've read a lot on them and got everything else figured out. Thanks guys!

yes, he is a male. I ordered him from a legit place where i've gotten all my other reptiles from. Should i let the crickets just kind of wander in there or put them in a container and let him eat like that?

yes, he is a male. I ordered him from a legit place where i've gotten all my other reptiles from. Should i let the crickets just kind of wander in there or put them in a container and let him eat like that?

I'd do some of both. :)

make sure if you let the crickets run loose that you remove any he has not eaten at night. They may bite your chameleon while he is sleeping. Sometimes they hide during the day and come out at night.

that is a good idea or you can count them as he eats them if you have the time to sit there and watch.

okay, yeah i plan on doing that. I'll be able to watch him at night but i got class during the day. So I'll keep an eye on him!

Back
Top Bottom