Females laying question

Oconnell.alicia.m

Good morning. Quick question. My female layed her first clutch of infertile eggs approximately 3 months ago. I find that she often still has her blue colors is this normal? Do they go back to their “normal colors.” I’ve attached her most current colors from yesterday. Tree for the holidays. Merry Christmas!

Attachments

• 3FFAF78E-8861-4E0D-9EA7-8240F3C2500E.jpeg
    3FFAF78E-8861-4E0D-9EA7-8240F3C2500E.jpeg
    233.4 KB · Views: 76
Here’s a picture of her Gravid august 28, laying 9/21/20 and then immediately after laying

Attachments

• 456CF225-8B39-4EEA-B5F0-D1E49AF601C3.jpeg
    456CF225-8B39-4EEA-B5F0-D1E49AF601C3.jpeg
    166.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 3C5FC50C-81BD-4D33-A265-62B68756C35D.jpeg
    3C5FC50C-81BD-4D33-A265-62B68756C35D.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 66
  • D4830F8E-DB26-4ABA-989D-B447F9436B48.jpeg
    D4830F8E-DB26-4ABA-989D-B447F9436B48.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 68
If she laid 3 months ago, she is probably receptive again and ready to lay in another month. Their cycle is roughly 120 days.
I find that my female always has blues now, they are their big girl colors. She likely won't be a flat green anymore. She should have blues yellows and greens. When he gold bars are very prominent is when she is receptive, but all females are different and she may or may not show a difference in colors. Sometimes the sign of receptive/gravid are very subtle and tricky to catch. That is why you should always keep a lay bin available to her. Do you have one she can use anytime?

If she laid 3 months ago, she is probably receptive again and ready to lay in another month. Their cycle is roughly 120 days.
I find that my female always has blues now, they are their big girl colors. She likely won't be a flat green anymore. She should have blues yellows and greens. When he gold bars are very prominent is when she is receptive, but all females are different and she may or may not show a difference in colors. Sometimes the sign of receptive/gravid are very subtle and tricky to catch. That is why you should always keep a lay bin available to her. Do you have one she can use anytime?
Yes it’s her plants are in her lay bin it’s a huge pot for a tree she has. Working on re doing her enclosure right now but yes she usually does. And okay thanks I guess I didn’t realize that her big girl colors would always have the blues. Thank you. Good to know it’s about every three months they lay.

if the eggs aren’t taken out of her bin will they bio degrade in the bin if there’s a plant growing in it

Yes it’s her plants are in her lay bin it’s a huge pot for a tree she has. Working on re doing her enclosure right now but yes she usually does. And okay thanks I guess I didn’t realize that her big girl colors would always have the blues. Thank you. Good to know it’s about every three months they lay.

if the eggs aren’t taken out of her bin will they bio degrade in the bin if there’s a plant growing in it
I think they'll rot unless you have some CuC in there. I dont really know cause I've never left them. I just heard they rotted.

It's every 4 months (120 days) approximately that they lay.

It's a good idea to dig up the eggs and count them so you know whether to cut her feeding and temperatures back to prevent huge clutches and health issues and eventual early death.

She was showing beautiful colors and looked very healthy in the third photo of her!

Back
Top Bottom