Female Veiled possible prolapse

JennyBell

Hi everyone. I'm new to the group but I have an emergency and cant get my chameleon to a reptile vet until late tomorrow. She is over 3 years old now, everything was fine until she had a clutch about a 3 weeks ago now of 60 eggs. Since then she refuses to eat and drink so we've been using syringes and she seems to have gained a little bit of energy back. She cant use her front legs anymore to walk around her cage. Now we took her straight to the vet who suggested getting as much calcium back in her as possible. She had a calcium shot and we've been using calcium supplements since then. Fast forward to today and I've noticed a big black sack like thing hanging out of her. It looks as though there are a couple of eggs attached to this sack. I've cleaned it and kept it moist like I was told to but I'm just so worried about her. I've had a reptile vet look at her enclosure set up when she had her last clutch and they said its spot on. The suspected prolapse looks nothing like the pictures on google though... it's not red, I actually thought a big chunk of soil was stuck to her butt but its defo something hanging out. I'm 99% there are eggs stuck to it. Any advice would be brilliant

Please post some photos of it and her as well.

Please answer the questions in the how to ask for heals thread near the top of the health forum...be very specific about feeding/gutloading the insects, supplements, UVB light, how much you've been feeding her in a week.

What are you you keeping the "prolapsed" tissue moist with?

Has she laid any other clutches? If so, how many eggs?
We're the clutches laid normally...in a hole, hole filled in after?

Back
Top Bottom