Female veiled. obese? eggs? normal?

we found the eggs when we were cleaning the substrate out of her old cage which was something like 2-3 weeks ago but thats irrelevant to when she actually laid them, right?

NashansCamos said..."we found the eggs when we were cleaning the substrate out of her old cage which was something like 2-3 weeks ago but thats irrelevant to when she actually laid"...it is only relevant in that it gives us an idea of when the latest day is that she could lay them.

So my next question would be... Why do you have subtrate in her enclosure?? What's it for?
Normally people with subtrate are bioactive and have CUC to clean the eggs and unwanted organic matter. If you are not bioactive, I have heard the subtrate is a breeding ground for bacterias and such and I would remove it, personally. Im sure someone with more experience will pipe up if I am misleading you....but from what I have read, bare bottom would be better for you for cleaning and sanitizing purposes. :)

her substrate is 2-3 inches of peat with a bark covering. I see your point I am aware of bacteria growing but I don't want to have to empty it all out again

i have that springtails are good for bioactive enclosures and we can get them easily.(via local reptile shop) here is a photo of her cage
L 24 W18 H36

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 107
Back
Top Bottom