female veiled handling

hamley88

ive had her for 7 months and ive only got her out 3 times, only for about 5 minutes at a time, and it wasnt easy to get her out. she hates it when i try to pick her up. she hisses and goes to bite me but hasnt followed it through. should i keep trying? and how long should i handle her for? should i do it everyday or??

Some chams are like this mine is the same you just have to leave them be. My girl is starting to warm up to me, I started hand feeding with treats and she's just now climbing on me to catch the food. It takes patience for sure and she may never break of it but make it interesting or fun coming out of the cage like going outside on a stick or something rather than your hand:) good luck man!!

ive just got her out! she was realy good. i used a locust as bait and she come onto my arm :). then i took her out in the sun as its realy hot in england at the moment. she was just still on my arm for 10 minutes sunbathing, then i put her back in her cage.
i dont think ive been handling her enough. do you think i should try more and how often??

Some chams are like this mine is the same you just have to leave them be. My girl is starting to warm up to me, I started hand feeding with treats and she's just now climbing on me to catch the food. It takes patience for sure and she may never break of it but make it interesting or fun coming out of the cage like going outside on a stick or something rather than your hand:) good luck man!!

she is quite friendly when shes out of her cage. im going to do more often as the weather is nice. she loved the sun, as it was her first time sunbathing :) she was fine when i used a locust as bait, straight onto my arm. she just dosnt like it when i go to pick her up in the cage. :)

Well your doin better than me! Ha I'm jelly, well its good she comes out to yyou:) and enjoyed some sun. Maybe you could get an outside cage or plant some trees she could roam around outside in:D

Back
Top Bottom