Female veiled eye problem

NashansCamos

Chameleon Enthusiast
My 2 year old female veiled just finished with eggs but now has an eye problem. My guess is that it’s dirt from her digging. It is usually closed but sometimes it is open but there is still a lump on her eye. I am trying to avoid a vet just due to covid and I’m in school and just the stress but if I have to do that I will do that.

Attachments

• CB111FE0-40C9-4AF8-9FD9-2E66B3CCE8A6.jpeg
    CB111FE0-40C9-4AF8-9FD9-2E66B3CCE8A6.jpeg
    216.8 KB · Views: 124
  • EF90AFE5-E76E-401D-8880-6E9FF75D4685.jpeg
    EF90AFE5-E76E-401D-8880-6E9FF75D4685.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 123
I agree... ^^^^^^^ Your also using the exo terra jungle vines. These are the worst you could use because the black stuff will come off and if they rub their eyes on it then it is a risk for getting stuck in the eye.

I agree... ^^^^^^^ Your also using the exo terra jungle vines. These are the worst you could use because the black stuff will come off and if they rub their eyes on it then it is a risk for getting stuck in the eye.
Yes I know I’m trying to get rid of them but my parents say that they don’t want me to waste.

Also I’m confident that she didn’t get her eye problem because of the vine I think she got it from the substrate in her bin which was peat

Also I’m confident that she didn’t get her eye problem because of the vine I think she got it from the substrate in her bin which was peat
Why were you using peat? Try a long misting session. Kick off the basking fixture when you do this. Hopefully she can clear it on her own.

Why were you using peat? Try a long misting session. Kick off the basking fixture when you do this. Hopefully she can clear it on her own.
She has been laying in peat her whole life. I thot peat and sand were the two things you could put in her bin. I will give her a long misting session in the morning. What do you mean my “kicking the basking temps off”

She has been laying in peat her whole life. I thot peat and sand were the two things you could put in her bin. I will give her a long misting session in the morning. What do you mean my “kicking the basking temps off”
like moss? or dirt? They mix soil in with playsand usually.

I mean what I put... kick off the basking fixture when you give her the long misting. Or it will make your humidity level very high. Heat and moisture is where you get the humid air.

Today is morning and it it basically the same. I’m glad it’s not any worse and she’s going to a vet soon. We are going to give her a very long misting session. Do you think I could take her into the shower and maybe steam her or bounce the water off the walls?

Today is morning and it it basically the same. I’m glad it’s not any worse and she’s going to a vet soon. We are going to give her a very long misting session. Do you think I could take her into the shower and maybe steam her or bounce the water off the walls?
Showers aren’t good because the temps that feel lukewarm or even cool to us can be scalding to a cham. The steam won’t do any good either. Wait for the vet. They may be able to flush it out.

Yeah why not just give a long misting session? Why are you wanting to move her into a shower? I agree with @MissSkittles temps are harder to know what is actually room temp with a shower.

My cham has an ongoing issue with his right eye. The vet suggested that I get some saline solution from the drug store (just like you use for contact lenses) and regularly flush out his eye. At first I was like "WHAT ???!!" but she said just hold him so his head is pointing down so he doesn't aspirate the saline, then ? ? ? away.
I wasn't so sure of it at first, but he loves it! He wants the drops in his good eye too. He looks up at the bottle and waits for them to drop in his eye.
He will eventually do the cleaning thing with his bad eye, but it takes patients (mine, not his).
I hold him like that until he gulps a few times, then he's good to go!
I attached a picture (it looks really weird) but he wraps his tail around my wrist (that's how I hold him) and sometimes he'll bury his face against my arm and rub his eyes ? it's so sweet!

Attachments

• 20200807_140739.jpg
    20200807_140739.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 98
My cham has an ongoing issue with his right eye. The vet suggested that I get some saline solution from the drug store (just like you use for contact lenses) and regularly flush out his eye. At first I was like "WHAT ???!!" but she said just hold him so his head is pointing down so he doesn't aspirate the saline, then ? ? ? away.
I wasn't so sure of it at first, but he loves it! He wants the drops in his good eye too. He looks up at the bottle and waits for them to drop in his eye.
He will eventually do the cleaning thing with his bad eye, but it takes patients (mine, not his).
I hold him like that until he gulps a few times, then he's good to go!
I attached a picture (it looks really weird) but he wraps his tail around my wrist (that's how I hold him) and sometimes he'll bury his face against my arm and rub his eyes ? it's so sweet!
Yeah I was thinking of flushing it too

Back
Top Bottom