Female Veiled Chameleon Eyes Closed :(

kaleighjoanna

My chameleon has kept her eyes closed for about a week..she hasn't eaten..shes been drinking from the dripper. I'm worried about her.. please help..

My chameleon has kept her eyes closed for about a week..she hasn't eaten..shes been drinking from the dripper. I'm worried about her.. please help..

Please look at the top of this forum and read the message "how to ask for help" and answer the questions. We can't help without a LOT more information on how she's kept, what she eats, her cage setup, lighting, diet, humidity, how she drinks, etc.

Your Chameleon - Female, Veiled Chameleon, unsure of age, purchased her 1 month ago
Handling - three times.. once to clean her cage
Feeding - small meal worms and store bought crickets? I was putting five crickets in every morning and having 6 meal worms..she wasn't eating them but always at the crickets. crickets have the orange feeder cubes and dusted in vitamin.
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - I have a dripper. I also mist. I see her drinking often.
Fecal Description - before she closed her eyes she had the white middle and brown outside feces.. now I haven't seen anything.
History -

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 120gal terriarium. screen top and door.
Lighting - Florescent UVB 50..and a red bulb basking bulb..
Temperature 84 degrees at top of tank. over night all lights are turned off but I am not sure if the temp goes much lower than that.
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - no live. I have the XL fake one from petco and a thin vine.
Placement - On my bearau 5'9" from the floor to top of cage
Location - third floor of apartment

Current Problem - eyes have been closed for a week. she occasionally will peek through her right eye..like barely open but moves them as if they are open. not eating due to not being able to see?

I'm not positive, but the red light might be the problem. Most people use a regular 60 or 70 watt house bulb for the heat lamp and a 5.0 UVB.

You didn't indicate that you are using supplements...Are you?

Can you post a photo of her. I'm wondering if she's old enough to lay eggs.

Back
Top Bottom