Female veiled around 5/6 months old may be egg bound ?

Mbalicki1030

Can someone please help me. I’ve had this female veiled since October the store wasn’t sure how old she is or her sex when i bought her. I’m assumig she’s around six months now. The last week she’s stopped eating. She’s not as active she doesn’t like being in her cage. I wasn’t aware of the egg laying situation or that it could even happen this young. But she seems to have all the symptoms. She’s sleeping a lot. I made a laying bin for her yesterday just Incase she is going to lay eggs. She’s had a weird pattern that hasn’t gone away in about a week as well. I’m not sure what to do i love her so much. I’d be so sad if anything happened.

Attachments

• FB2F7CD0-AEED-47D1-A9C2-1652018FE5FC.jpeg
    FB2F7CD0-AEED-47D1-A9C2-1652018FE5FC.jpeg
    348.9 KB · Views: 148
Can someone please help me. I’ve had this female veiled since October the store wasn’t sure how old she is or her sex when i bought her. I’m assumig she’s around six months now. The last week she’s stopped eating. She’s not as active she doesn’t like being in her cage. I wasn’t aware of the egg laying situation or that it could even happen this young. But she seems to have all the symptoms. She’s sleeping a lot. I made a laying bin for her yesterday just Incase she is going to lay eggs. She’s had a weird pattern that hasn’t gone away in about a week as well. I’m not sure what to do i love her so much. I’d be so sad if anything happened.

Mine looked exactly like that when she was receptive. Eggs were produced within a month. Good luck!

Once she formed eggs, she returned to her normal green color, but had mustard colored splotches and sometimes a few other spots, as seen here:

Attachments

• IMG_7718.JPG
    IMG_7718.JPG
    334 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_7931.PNG
    IMG_7931.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 84
Yours does have some dark splotches, so perhaps they can be darker than mustard color, and yours may already have eggs. Have you been keeping track of her weight?

She is showing adult coloration. Is she sitting low in the cage? Has she been roaming the cage?
Describe the egg laying bin set up...how big is the container ...is it opqaue ....what's it frilled with?
She doesn't look fat enough to be ready to lay yet IMHO but they can fool you. I don't like that she's sleeping during the day.

Can you please answer these questions...
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

She is showing adult coloration. Is she sitting low in the cage? Has she been roaming the cage?
Describe the egg laying bin set up...how big is the container ...is it opqaue ....what's it frilled with?
She doesn't look fat enough to be ready to lay yet IMHO but they can fool you. I don't like that she's sleeping during the day.

Can you please answer these questions...
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/
She was staying up at night scratching at her Medium cage As of yesterday i moved her into a xl mesh cage. And now she seems to be moving around a lot more today. She’s definitely looking fatter to me i felt for eggs but i don’t see much buldging and i didn’t feel any. Yesterday i bought a pot from Home Depot it’s about 8 or 9 inches deep and i filled it with organic soil and play sand and they moistened it.

She was staying up at night scratching at her Medium cage As of yesterday i moved her into a xl mesh cage. And now she seems to be moving around a lot more today. She’s definitely looking fatter to me i felt for eggs but i don’t see much buldging and i didn’t feel any. Yesterday i bought a pot from Home Depot it’s about 8 or 9 inches deep and i filled it with organic soil and play sand and they moistened it.

Attachments

• 9665B9BF-6C1C-4A56-93B6-FF236C1998A1.jpeg
    9665B9BF-6C1C-4A56-93B6-FF236C1998A1.jpeg
    276.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 75D02527-2D29-4F58-8CF9-DDBE22EAF608.jpeg
    75D02527-2D29-4F58-8CF9-DDBE22EAF608.jpeg
    335.6 KB · Views: 92
Yours does have some dark splotches, so perhaps they can be darker than mustard color, and yours may already have eggs. Have you been keeping track of her weight?
I don’t have a scale for her but i will buy one. She developed that design like a week ago and it hasn’t went away. I noticed too it was dark and not the mustard color. Thank you so much for your input !!

She also has been staying up high in the cage not lower

I would recommend removing the red light and replacing it with a white incandescent household indoor bulb if a wattage that puts the basking area in the low 80's F.

Is she drinking more?

I would fill the pot fuller. (I use just moist playsand but there are a variety of ways that work.)

I would recommend removing the red light and replacing it with a white incandescent household indoor bulb if a wattage that puts the basking area in the low 80's F.

Is she drinking more?

I would fill the pot fuller. (I use just moist playsand but there are a variety of ways that work.)

Back
Top Bottom