Female size?

Daphne

My girl Scarlett was hatched the end of Feb. She’s still super small and it concerns me as my male who hatched not too long before her is like 8x her size of not more. She is in a 16x16x30, is fed crickets to her content that are dusted in calcium w/out D3 daily, and with D3 twice monthly. Water is offered and treated with Reptisafe. She has a wisteria and Pothos plant and plenty of branches in intricate patterns. Direct Sunlight outside with shade provided for an hr or more 2-3x a week. I’m not sure what else I should be doing .....

Attachments

• 0A88B5D7-27DD-4B14-AC46-6490B00EFCB9.jpeg
    0A88B5D7-27DD-4B14-AC46-6490B00EFCB9.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 97
My girl Scarlett was hatched the end of Feb. She’s still super small and it concerns me as my male who hatched not too long before her is like 8x her size of not more. She is in a 16x16x30, is fed crickets to her content that are dusted in calcium w/out D3 daily, and with D3 twice monthly. Water is offered and treated with Reptisafe. She has a wisteria and Pothos plant and plenty of branches in intricate patterns. Direct Sunlight outside with shade provided for an hr or more 2-3x a week. I’m not sure what else I should be doing .....
Is she eating and drinking ok ? Have you had a fecal done ?

Wow she is still this small?

For those who dont know, Scarlet came from the same breeder as Pesto
And yeah, it’s crazy, right? I’m gonna go get her a new plant in the AM. I found it on an approved list somewhere and it was pretty. It’s been in there about a month with no issues :/ I just wonder if I have a dwarf or something .........

Why are you only feeding her pinhead sized crickets? She is big enough to be eating 1/4" - 1/2".
I would also be giving her BSFL and possibly small silkworms. Change up her diet, feed her more
and hopefully she'll start growing.

Last edited:
I’ll go look into the worms tomorrow as well then. I was waiting until she was bigger since I was told not to feed her anything bigger than her head. The next size up crickets look too big to me :/

Do you feed them both the same size and number of insects?
Did you always feed them the same size and number?

Female veileds and Panther chameleons are usually smaller than the males. I've even seen a chameleon (not veiled or Panther) that never grew more than twice the size of a hatchling by the time it was a year old...but that's exceptional and there had to be something wrong with her.

Do you feed them both the same size and number of insects?
Did you always feed them the same size and number?

Female veileds and Panther chameleons are usually smaller than the males. I've even seen a chameleon (not veiled or Panther) that never grew more than twice the size of a hatchling by the time it was a year old...but that's exceptional and there had to be something wrong with her.
I did until he got bigger. He’s eating 3/4-1” crickets and he eats more. I offer her more she just doesn’t eat them. I give them as many as they want. Whenever the feeder is empty I throw 5 more in. She’s only eating 8-10 pin heads when offered 15-20. But their schedules are the same. 7a-7p, lights are linear t5ho 5.0 with a temp of 70-75, basking is a 65w flood light where temps stay between 85-90. I’m going to added bee pollen to their dust regimen as well.

Update: I picked up a small Umbrella And Pothos plant and she seems to enjoy these so far. No luck on finding The BSFL here in Colorado Springs so I’m gonna order some from Josh’s Frogs to try. Thank you again for all your help. (Lights are resting on top In The photo. They are now suspended above per usual)

Attachments

• 054ED833-907B-4AA3-830B-CE0804489BC6.jpeg
    054ED833-907B-4AA3-830B-CE0804489BC6.jpeg
    262.7 KB · Views: 80
Buy some 1/4" crickets from Josh's at the same time. I find it hard to believe that you've only been feeding pinheads. A pinhead cricket is only the size of a pin head, approximately 1/16".

Back
Top Bottom