Female Panther refuses to eat

odduc748

My female Panther laid her second dud clutch of the season and hasn't eaten much. This was two weeks ago.

She is housed in a 24x24x48 screen enclosure.
Ambient temp is about 78. Basking temp is 86.
Automatic mister 5 times a day at 30-90 seconds each cycle.
She is about a year old. Weight is currently 44 grams. She was 62 grams before laying her eggs.

She showed some interest in a superworm and while she was going after it, the worm latched on to the side of her mouth and I had to actually remove the stupid worm. This was 2 days ago. I have also tried to feed her crickets and roaches. She will close her eyes and hope I just go away, which I do. I also leave crickets in her feeder, but they're never eaten.

I have a vet appointment on Thursday. But, does anyone have any tips on how I might get her to eat?

Thank you.

Did she lay the eggs in a hole, fill it in, tamp it down and return to the branches?

What SPECIFIC SUPPLEMENTS do you use and how often for each? What do you SPECIFICALLY use to gutload / feed the insects with? Does she have a UVB light source?

Hope she's not retaining eggs.

Re: eating...you can try putting an insect BETWEEN her teeth when her mouth is opening and shutting when she drinks.

Did she lay the eggs in a hole, fill it in, tamp it down and return to the branches?

What SPECIFIC SUPPLEMENTS do you use and how often for each? What do you SPECIFICALLY use to gutload / feed the insects with? Does she have a UVB light source?

Hope she's not retaining eggs.

Re: eating...you can try putting an insect BETWEEN her teeth when her mouth is opening and shutting when she drinks.

She laid the eggs in the laybox that I have in her enclosure, covered the hole and climbed up to one of her perch spots. As mentioned originally, this was two weeks ago. This was her second clutch of the season.

Yes. She has a good UVB 5.0 light and incandescent 60W basking/heat light.

I gave her a lukewarm shower the next day as she had sand all over her head. Nothing seemed unusual, at this point.

I dust her crickets, roaches and superworms with no D3 calcium, daily. Dusted with vitamins and D3 calcium on the 1st and 15th of each month.

I'm confident the husbandry is fine. But, she is very lethargic and noticeably thin after her egg laying. She still has a strong grip and climbs around her cage, easily enough.

She most likely has egg(s) still. Unfortunately, I have witnessed it, to my favorite ever chameleon, actually. Get an xray just to be sure. It's unwanted guilt. :(

Back
Top Bottom