Female Panther help

chamcraig

Hi everyone,

This is probably a newbie question but here goes.

I have a female panther, she is around 7 months old now and until recently she has been a typical white/grey with black bars. a week ago she has started showing a more uniform dark grey all over with a perfect white spot on each side.
At First I assumed this was "receptive" colouration, and I have been introducing the male each day.. she is not upset by the males presence at all, she just sits still. I havent seen them mate, but they may have.

I only ask because out of all the images and threads ive read on colouration I havnet come across this one. Also she just seems very quiet and disinterested in food lately also. Im worried there is an issue with her health.

She is kept in identical conditions to the male and he is in perfect health, active, eating and going fantastic.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Welcome to the Chameleon Forums. This is a great place to learn about chameleons.

IMHO 7 months old is to young to mate.

The panther female will turn a beautiful pink/orange color when receptive. You might find this video by Dez helpful. https://www.chameleonforums.com/receptive-female-chameleons-educational-video-62869/

Also fill out the Ask For Help Form so the members here can see if there might be a health problem. Please post some pictures they are always helpful.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

Last edited:
yeah thanks i just did a more accurate age and she is actually pushing 9 months sorry. She did show some pink/orange on her head and throat with a uniform dark grey everywhere else leading upto this colour.

i dont have a pic atm, but yeah.... she is solid dark grey head to toe, with a big egg shaped pure white spot on each side...

Pic of her

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 100
It's kind of hard to see the picture through the screen and all but she does seem to look a pink/orange. She appears to be on the shinny side too. Has she ever been tested for parasites? I would recommend filling out the form and trying to get some better pictures. It is recommended to wait until a year old and of a good weight before breeding.

Really?? Only one person with an opinion? No one on this site has any idea if the coloration displayed is one of receptiveness / gravid/ stress / illness or environmental???

Really?? Only one person with an opinion? No one on this site has any idea if the coloration displayed is one of receptiveness / gravid/ stress / illness or environmental???

Agreed, her sitting with her eye or eyes closed is a sign of troubles.

You need to fill out the how to ask for help form so we can know a little about the care she has been receiving and any history to help you.

Also fill out the Ask For Help Form so the members here can see if there might be a health problem. Please post some pictures they are always helpful.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

The link is in blue and REALLY big.

Back
Top Bottom