Female panther constantly hiding

ChamChick

Hey everyone, a small issue with Skittles. The past few days she doesn't seem to want to come out of her plant. She doesn't look stressed, but seems to want to hide a lot. Her temp at the hottest point in her cage sits right around 80 degrees. I have also noticed she doesn't want to touch her crickets in her cup, but will eat any worms I put in. If I put a worm in her cup, she won't touch it. It has to be on a branch or in her plant.

I did move her into a new cage a few days ago, so her cup is in a different place ect.... so I'm wondering if this may have something to do with it? Maybe just kinda freaked out due to new surroundings?

I have been misting her like usual, but have not seen her drinking lately, although her urate looks nice and white. Eyes are not sunken, all in all she looks very healthy.

this happened with my male veiled when I moved him into his adult cage. as for eating I feel like my guys get on kicks with just wanting worms or crickets and go back and forth with that Im sure she's just settling in:)

Oh man, I hope so. She has me so nervous... I swear, they keep me on my toes LOL. She does look really healthy....I suppose more than anything I was concerned about not seeing her drink for a couple days. She doesn't look dehydrated by any means, but I think a shower will be in order tomorrow, just to prevent any sort of dehydration.

good call I feel you My male is making me nervous he has been acting off and has not been eating the past 2 days

So, I fed my little ones today, and straight out of the gate I saw Skittles nail 4 crickets! She's BACK! :D

Thank you to Jeff for the advice, and really just making me feel better.

Back
Top Bottom