just looking for general advice and pointers, I am a new chameleon owner. Please be kind. I want to learn.
- Panther Chameleon, female age unknown, adopted after teenage boy abandoned at pet store, I have had her for less than a week.
- I handle her daily as she seems to like it, she comes out of habitat on to my arm and up to my head every day.
- Feeding - Currently feeding gut-loaded crickets from friend who provides will have to ask how she does so. Also meal worms and horn worms. She every other day, as stated by teenage boy said that’s how he fed her. (I am new to owning one, have done lots of research, new by and could use some advice.
- Supplements - need some suggestions on supplements please. I will be asking exotic vet when I take her this week as well.
- Watering - I mist 3-4 times a day, maybe not enough quantity at a time. And she also has a stripper, set to 3-5 seconds between drops.
- Fecal Description - brown and white kind of half and half. Sometimes with a little yellow. Don’t know anything about parasite testing at this point. Will see vet this week.
- Cage Type - glass all around except top is mesh. 16x16x30
- Lighting - zilla light, with uvb and 100 watt heat, also 100 watt red heat lamp for night
- Approximately 12 hours on 12 hours off. Except heat is on 24-7 just switch to ref light for night.
- Temperature - 72-95 heat is never lower than 72, 93-95 in basking 78 cage floor, measure by Wall stuck thermometer
- humidity ranges from 69-85 also measured by wall stuck gauge
- Plants - No live plants. All artificial leaves and branches throughought
- Placement - cage in corner of lounge room, we are a pretty low activity household with 4 adults. She is placed in the corner no fan directly overhead. She is over in a corner by a sliding glass door. Top of cage is about 5 foot high
- Location - Tulsa, Oklahoma
131.6 KB Views: 17
159.5 KB Views: 15
157.3 KB Views: 13
915.3 KB Views: 15
135.1 KB Views: 16
202.7 KB Views: 16
173 KB Views: 17