Female panther, black marks and falling from branches!

LouiseKelly

If anyone could help in anyway would be much appreciated!

I have a female panther chameleon, she's about 3 and a half years old and things don't seem to be going well! About a month or so ago she started coming up with dark marks along her side's and along her spine. I took her to my local pet shop and he said she seemed in great health and the markings looked like they where just part of her normal colourisation. Shes eating and drinking fine, nothing really changed with her. But now she's started falling from her branches, and hitting her head on the floor, she gets back up and climbs fine, but why is she falling in the first place? Is it old age? Am I doing something wrong? Should I take her to the vet? I'm trying to avoid the vet if I can help her myself because they're not cheap! But if no one can help or if someone knows this is something serious I will get straight on the phone to the vet! I will upload pics of her asap!

Any advice will really help! I'm seriously worried about her!

A detailed form like mentioned would help, but 3.5 yrs is getting pretty old for a female panther so this could be contributing to her falling. Sorry to hear tar and wish you both the best! :))

3.5 really isnt all that old, females have been known to live well past 5 and 6 and even 7 years old.
try to post photos, the marks could be burns.

Hey thanks for the replies. Woke up this morning and she's passed away, was lifeless at the bottom of the cage. Feel like I let her down because I didn't do something sooner. Thanks for trying to help though. Xx

Back
Top Bottom