female panter eggs

randomryan007

how often should my female lay eggs?
I've only had jacksons so this is whole new ball game. so any help would be great. I am really confused. she was with a male before I got her. so these eggs could be fertile. but unsure about how many times they lay eggs.

flabbier gasseded !!

Thanks. my female is digging and I am not sure if the eggs are furtile. she's dug 2 wholes. so I am guessing soon she will lay. thanks for the info. I feel like a nervous father. I keep pacing! lol! I did this with my jacksons too. I kept questioning everything! the person I bought her from said she laid a clutch 3 months ago. now another one! I am very nervous! lol. laying bin check towel over the sides of the cage check. mister working right check. now the wait.

Did she actually lay eggs yet or is she still just digging holes?

They often dig a couple/few holes and then settle on one. If she sees you watching her when she's digging she will likely abandon the hole...so don't let her see you.

she's just digging holes. has anyone ever had a female dig holes just because they can? she can go in and out of her laying bin. and she goes in her laying bin and digs then comes out then goes in and digs then comes out. she's being weird. hmmm boo boo musta had too many bumps on her head. I wonder if she's doing it for fun? anyone else had a female do this? oh and she gets very upset with me if there's no crickets and worms in her cups! I am over here stressing and she's having a grand ol time. last time she laid eggs she got it over with. maybe I should just free range her and she'll lay when she lays.

As Jann said in her blog: females dig pilot holes until they find one to their liking. Also, if you keep peeking on her to see what she's doing, you're doing harm to her. She'll abandon her hole and come out. Let her be and watch from a distance where she cannot see you.

we tried laying bin just like everyone said need less to say we ended up putting soil down on her cage floor. and she responded quick to it. she dug a shallow hole and she's laying right now. Anyone in arizona have some hatch right I can buy? and an incubator we can barrow I have one on order and hatch right too! I am soooooo dam excited the person I got her from wouldn't let me keep the last batch she laid. hopefuly these are fertile wish me luck

we tried laying bin just like everyone said need less to say we ended up putting soil down on her cage floor. and she responded quick to it. she dug a shallow hole and she's laying right now. Anyone in arizona have some hatch right I can buy? and an incubator we can barrow I have one on order and hatch right too! I am soooooo dam excited the person I got her from wouldn't let me keep the last batch she laid. hopefuly these are fertile wish me luck
Did you mate her at all?
I don't know what you mean about "The person I got her from wouldn't let me keep the last batch she laid"?
She wasn't yours, why would you think you get her eggs?

when I bought her she was gravid and mated. she was mine. he wanted the eggs. now she's laying more. he mated her! could these eggs be furtile? they are very very white.

is this correct info?

Panther chameleon eggs take a long time to incubate, so be patient. There are two ways to incubate the eggs, one is to leave them at a constant temperature from 72-78 F. Incubation times very greatly and you should expect hatchlings as early as 6 months but they could incubate as long as 12-14 months. Be patient and don't throw out any eggs unless they mold. The other option is, to incubate the eggs at varying temperatures. Panther chameleon eggs go through a diapause or period on non-development. By varying the incubation temperature it is possible to shorten this period of non-development. This can be done by incubating the eggs at 75-78 degrees for the first 3-4 weeks, lowering them temperatures to 65-70 for 6-8 weeks and finally raising the temperature back the 75-78 for the remainder of incubation. Using this method juveniles may hatch as early as 5 months.

when I bought her she was gravid and mated. she was mine. he wanted the eggs. now she's laying more. he mated her! could these eggs be furtile? they are very very white.

After you purchased her, unless agreed upon before hand, I would have kept the eggs.

And yes, the info you posted is correct.

here's a pic of her eggs.
DSC02317.jpg

Back
Top Bottom