Female or male?

With male not coming on Wednesday. Mostly being held make sure it's 100% male. See how his progress is with growing. If he gets bigger in next 3 weeks. Good enough for me know he's currently healthy. If parasites are a problem he won't grow or shed. Worse would be it eventually dies.

This a photo of the one I already paid 300 for. Photo was taken today. But I am having second thoughts. Mostly seeing female as I seen in my current panther.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0(3).jpg
    imagejpeg_0(3).jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 94
I already paid the 300 for this guy. Want to give him a chance an a good home. I have a jungle dawn/Arcadia 6% t5 for lighting. Like 3 cages 2 big enough for adults. Have like 4 extra pothos growing well in dining room. Basking lamps not sure yet. Have two different size lamps. Plus if I back out of this guy. LLLreptile has a panther for sale. But is missing a eye. Would like to give animals like these a home. Would you honestly want a chameleon with one eye? Thats online surfing I ran into. Felt bad missing a eye doesn't mean he's sick. Just another bad breeder. Or maybe was born this way. Not going this route mostly because LLLreptile never responded to email an been days.

Ok it seems your more set on just getting what you can afford. The fact that he is breeding a cham that had MBD to that extent saying that it is all better now is pretty crappy IMO. I wish you the best of luck.
Thank you! Am really at 40/60 on getting this panther. Worse came to worse I get him. Have a vet check the stools. If problem is found then am better off spending 500 plus from quality breeder. Stool test isn't that costly but meds edu is.

Thank you! Am really at 40/60 on getting this panther. Worse came to worse I get him. Have a vet check the stools. If problem is found then am better off spending 500 plus from quality breeder. Stool test isn't that costly but meds edu is.
I got a chameleon from a breeder that was well known and it came with coccidia.... In all treatment for him and fecals for my existing chameleon I had prior to him I spent $600. In the end I ended up having to put the new cham down because he was not able to make it through the treatment which was another $200. The cost of all the stuff I had to throw out that I bought for him another $400. This was an extremely expensive situation and in the end I had no 2nd chameleon and continued fecal costs to ensure my Veiled was not cross contaminated.

While you think it is not expensive it all adds up and when your dealing with something like coccidia the loss is more then just a few fecals. The meds I had to buy from a special compounding pharmacy. Was almost $100 to get these. And that was just medication.

If you have not gotten a fecal on your new female then you should consider doing that as well because that breeder is known for unhealthy animals.

I think you are going about this all wrong. There is a reason why the reputable breeders are more expensive. They have good breeding and do routine fecals to ensure there are not parasite issues. The breeders they use are healthy and have never had prior or existing MBD.

Hey, just looking over this thread. Seems you're a big fan of animals in general, and excited to get a healthy male. I'd suggest you take a minute to step back and breathe, though; shipping all these chams to you, and possibly sending them back is not a great idea.

It's expensive to you and very stressful to the animals. I would suggest you ask the breeder not to ship the adult you posted; he shows definite signs of at least one major health issue (Metabolic Bone Disease), and based on his general appearance may have other health problems as well. There's little point in having him go through the stress of shipping and a vet exam just to reiterate the problems you can see, and have to try to send him back.

I wish you luck in finding a healthy cham, and strongly suggest you look at some of the breeders that people recommend in many threads on this forum.

They are just to expensive.
That’s what you get with a good breeder. It’ll be way less than buying a sick chameleon and giving him/her treatment, though
I already paid the 300 for this guy. Want to give him a chance an a good home. I have a jungle dawn/Arcadia 6% t5 for lighting. Like 3 cages 2 big enough for adults. Have like 4 extra pothos growing well in dining room. Basking lamps not sure yet. Have two different size lamps. Plus if I back out of this guy. LLLreptile has a panther for sale. But is missing a eye. Would like to give animals like these a home. Would you honestly want a chameleon with one eye? Thats online surfing I ran into. Felt bad missing a eye doesn't mean he's sick. Just another bad breeder. Or maybe was born this way. Not going this route mostly because LLLreptile never responded to email an been days.
You already bought the second chameleon? It’s not a Sambava and might not even be a male, either, along with a big possibility of it being sick, as well. LLL Reptile is another horrible place to buy from, they sell sick animals, too. Like I said before, not everything wrong with an animal is visible.

My two new panther chameleons. Just looking for a second opinion. First pic thinking male an second female. Just not 100% sure.

Attachments

• 20210912_171026.jpg
    20210912_171026.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 20210912_170720.jpg
    20210912_170720.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 66
Back
Top Bottom