Female or male?

He might just be saying that just to sell you another cham and/or because he doesn't care and/or because he doesn't think/want to acknowledge anything is wrong. Not all illnesses are visible and/or are only visible after it's too late. I would take him to an experienced chameleon vet with a fresh fecal sample with you for a wellness check and to check the fecal. I'd drop off at least 2 more fecals afterwards to make sure no parasites are missed
very good point should have mentioned that.;)

the male you just ordered doesn't look great. @Beman is right, the eyes don't look good. There is no reason not to have a female. That is wrong for the animal because it may go to someone who does not provide proper care and she dies and has an awful life. so at least give the animal to someone good that knows their stuff.
Even if it doesn't look great? Does that mean I can't give him a good home. Maybe fix issues that this guy doesn't have. His parents looked healthy can post a Pic of father. Doran is the sire. Least little guy is coming to a good home. Have everything he needs. Just no flies currently 😑

Attachments

• 646767702.jpg
    646767702.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 82
For your female, you might have to just break even and not get a profit or even take a loss if it gets her to a home with someone who'll care for her quicker, too

I have passed on condition of chameleon that was posted here. An got this reply
"Doesn't matter to me bud. If you want a refund you got it. I could care less what they have to say"
So with this being said should I request a refund or try an give this guy a good life? Let me know will have it canceled with a text.

I would ask for a refund since you ordered a male and got a female
I have sent photos to them to sex this Cham. An they said it's a male because that's what i ordered. Then I made this topic. I am willing to send this female Cham back to the company for refund or half an negative shipping charge. But just one shipping charge. As they stat there is no guarantee on the sex once they ship. But they have a Zoologist on site. Vet or a scientist I have no clue. So I figured if they been selling these guys for years. They would have sex thing down easily. Even when males cost 50 bucks to sex 🤣🤣🤣 shits ridiculous. They breed these reptiles got a profit

So this is another company run by CB Reptiles, which is a horrible company to buy from. I would not send her back, but find her a new home.
I found that out after the fact. But I checked out there website. All sounded legit an professional. Chance of even shipping her back currently. Is slim to none. They gave me a problem I was trying to avoid. But at this point. With this experience. I feel bad for any reptile in a tank or a box. What I mean by that. There's a Cham in almost every pet store. Under poor care an health. Just be alive for a profit. In the end only good thing is. Chams ain't iguanas being sold just for a meal. An being let loose in states an being banned.

what he was saying was he's not going to take care of her the way a female needs....which would result in death for whatever reason he said.... which is invalid...gotta read his care itenarary for a female...earlier in the convo on this one...
You started this whole thing because the OP simply did not know that lowering calcium supplementation would harm her. I mean come on. This was all really un needed drama... Several of us spoke to the lowering of calcium and explained why they could not do that.

I am only going to say this.... Visually we have to look them over really well. There are signs of issues externally. But just because one looks fine visually does not mean there are not health issues. You can not see MBD when it first starts, You can not see Respiratory infections when they start, and you can not see parasites. Some parasites being far worse then others to deal with.

I only mentioned it about the boy because the eyes are a visual sign of possible issue. Chameleons hide health issues. When you do not buy from reputable breeders then you are at greater risk of getting a cham of the wrong gender or a sick one.

You started this whole thing because the OP simply did not know that lowering calcium supplementation would harm her. I mean come on. This was all really un needed drama... Several of us spoke to the lowering of calcium and explained why they could not do that.
There will be no changes in supplements with her. Had a question should I dust the hornworms? 100% sure no need with symton worms/fly.

I also dust all my feeders except for black soldier fly larvae, and the flies. Sometimes the BSFL get some powder from other feeders but I do not do that on purpose.

I am only going to say this.... Visually we have to look them over really well. There are signs of issues externally. But just because one looks fine visually does not mean there are not health issues. You can not see MBD when it first starts, You can not see Respiratory infections when they start, and you can not see parasites. Some parasites being far worse then others to deal with.

I only mentioned it about the boy because the eyes are a visual sign of possible issue. Chameleons hide health issues. When you do not buy from reputable breeders then you are at greater risk of getting a cham of the wrong gender or a sick one.
I have some more photos from last night. I honestly dont want a sick Cham. Was just going think it over until tomorrow night. Cham is suppose ship late Tuesday for Wednesday morning arrival. So I have time make up my mind. Going post pics of his adult. Am like 65-35% wanting a refund.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_1(1).jpg
    imagejpeg_1(1).jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 81
  • imagejpeg_0(1).jpg
    imagejpeg_0(1).jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4824(1).jpg
    IMG_4824(1).jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_4749.jpg
    IMG_4749.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_4752.jpg
    IMG_4752.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_4754.jpg
    IMG_4754.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 81
I have some more photos from last night. I honestly dont want a sick Cham. Was just going think it over until tomorrow night. Cham is suppose ship late Tuesday for Wednesday morning arrival. So I have time make up my mind. Going post pics of his adult. Am like 65-35% wanting a refund.
just take your time think about it. you most of the time have at least a small risk of getting a sick or unhealthy chameleon. It never hurts to say no and find a cham from a reputable breeder such as framschams or kammerflage kreations, and lower that risk a lot. I personally would not buy from them because that male is not healthy which means you have a bad breeder on your hands.

Last edited:
Yeah this would be a hard pass for me. Their adult male has MBD. Look at the front legs. They are bowed not straight.
Is this the same breeder you got the first one from?

Back
Top Bottom