Female or male?

Hi,
Lately I been going back it forth thinking it's a male then like today maybe it is a female.
Thought by now some colors would show an then I would know it's a male. But seems have bars but stays on pink side. An pink side would def be female. I'll upload a few pics I took just now. Maybe am missing something.
But make this thread with my fingers crossed its a male.

Attachments

• 20210702_210939.jpg
    20210702_210939.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 118
  • 20210702_210512.jpg
    20210702_210512.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 115
  • 20210702_210325.jpg
    20210702_210325.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 20210702_210328.jpg
    20210702_210328.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 20210702_211259.jpg
    20210702_211259.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 124
Lol got bit taking this pic. But can see has greenish inside of mouth. Some color in throat area.

Attachments

• 20210702_211630.jpg
    20210702_211630.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 93
If no one else chimes in, you might just have to wait a little longer for coloration or a bigger bulge
Sounds like a plan it's a type of panther Sambava if that means anything. Photo had alot of greens reds an yellows. Toistoisetown an lol no more pics tonight bed time for he/she.

Attachments

• 20210702_222108.jpg
    20210702_222108.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Hi,
Lately I been going back it forth thinking it's a male then like today maybe it is a female.
Thought by now some colors would show an then I would know it's a male. But seems have bars but stays on pink side. An pink side would def be female. I'll upload a few pics I took just now. Maybe am missing something.
But make this thread with my fingers crossed its a male.
female.

Thank you! Now am bummed really wanted a male :( even paid alittle extra. Now have to deal with laying bins in a few months. Or try to sell this one an save for adult male.

With how depressed I am over this. If anyone wants her. Looking for 200 an find a way ship to you. Can go as low as 150. Really wanted a male an don't wanna deal with egg bins. I am not a breeder. Will care for this one until I find her a new home. Currently feeding on hornworms an symton flies when available. If no flies then crickets daily. Going do the calcium twice a week now with being a female. Was using calcium without d3 every feeding with crickets only. Then mistking every hour for 45 seconds an need hybrid enclosure. Using a reptisun t5 h0 an basking Temps monitored for 85 degrees. If you want her she bites but overall is healthy. If I was going give her a new home. I prefer this site then Craigslist or elsewhere. Just so depressed over this. This Cham was my life an doing my best give best home for it. I currently divorced an this Cham has help get though it. Not that I ever will. But this little guy made me happy over last few months. Other then being teary atm if you want her she's yours.

Sounds like a plan it's a type of panther Sambava if that means anything. Photo had alot of greens reds an yellows. Toistoisetown an lol no more pics tonight bed time for he/she.
I could be wrong but I suspect Tortoise Town is CB Reptiles under an alias. Mis-sexing is right up their alley. Also, they sell hatchlings. CB is the only other scum company I’ve seen willing to that. Their order form is exactly the same. I almost ordered from them until the similarities made me suspicious.

I could be wrong but I suspect Tortoise Town is CB Reptiles under an alias. Mis-sexing is right up their alley. Also, they sell hatchlings. CB is the only other scum company I’ve seen willing to that. Their order form is exactly the same. I almost ordered from them until the similarities made me suspicious.
Hey there,
Not belittling any company because they have to make a living like myself an u. Just currently pissed off with not getting what I ordered. I have purchased over 1k just give this reptile what it desires as a good home. You want to call me a bad owner that's fine. Not making a trolling attempt in anyway or form.
Honestly can careless if toistoisetown reads this message. But I waited 3 weeks for this reptile be old enough to ship. Plus safety of the reptile was my concern. So waited with arms wide open. Be honest I don't want to care for a female Cham. Why I paid extra money for a male. But got a female. Either way will find this Cham a good home. I had a petco female before. An it died 3 years later. But that's on me for purchasing a animal I thought was all colorful an beautiful. Have I learned from this heartache mistake. You bet your ass I have.
Now that I know it's a female all I needed to know from this thread. Reptiles life is in my hands. Will do what is needed for its life ahead.
As my email stated to toistoisetown will not buy from there company. But I will get a male panther chameleon. An give it best life I can with these hands. Doubt me but will do my best. An have a reptile vet on hand if ever needed. I ain't perfect an if you are a perfect chameleon owner more power to you.
Like I said I ain't a breeder. I don't believe in making profits on reptiles/animals. I just want to care for desire pet I love. An I love golden retrievers I have two. An male veiled an female panther currently. Only thing missing is that priceless colorful chameleon I desire.
I may have failed a dog with auto immune disease. How he got it I don't know. But I did my best get him treatment. As I did until one Saturday he couldn't take a step outside. An did humane thing say good bye to my best friend. Even vet knew I did best I could. But had to end his suffering. If this happens to my current animals will do same for them. To me it was cancer but they called it something else.
But to watch you're beloved pet turn to skin an bone? Ask yourself what would you do.
With what happen to my Duke will haunt me for rest of my days.
If there's a god I pray everyday doesn't happen to current pets.
But will fight with them with dollar I can. I remember sleeping on the floor right next to him. Just be with him as long as I could. Every movement I would woke up to. An hold his paw an be like I am with you to the end my friend. Even have tears in my eyes right now. Because typing this bought back those painful memories. I can't let go. Because I loved him an knew he would never leave me. But had to that's where I am in this life. I can't love another woman but sure as hell. Will love my pets with everything I have left.

Going do the calcium twice a week now with being a female. Was using calcium without d3 every feeding with crickets only.
Wait why are you going to give her less calcium without D3? Her husbandry would not differ from a male with the exception of feeding amounts and temperature at basking. What supplements are you using?

I would refrain from flipping her upside down too. This is what a predator would do to her before killing her. I can understand her biting. She is scared and lashing out.

Wait why are you going to give her less calcium without D3? Her husbandry would not differ from a male with the exception of feeding amounts and temperature at basking. What supplements are you using?

I would refrain from flipping her upside down too. This is what a predator would do to her before killing her. I can understand her biting. She is scared and lashing out.
With being female have to hold back on calcium it's very important. Mostly for Infertile egg development. With females going to lay eggs even without a male present. Calcium w/o d3 every feeding only on roaches or crickets. Calcium with d3 and reptivite 1st an 15th of the month. I was just taking those photos. Because thought would see sex near vent area. Not as easy as veiled. I can sex them easily.
Does look female but thought I straighten the tail. Just seeing a little a bulge. Not a huge bulge as I seen with photos online.

Attachments

• 20210703_121334.jpg
    20210703_121334.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 20210703_121312.jpg
    20210703_121312.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 95
With females, calcium is very important to give, otherwise they’ll use the calcium from their bones and such to make eggs, which isn’t healthy and leads to health issues. Calcium without D3 needs to still be given every feeding. Does your Reptivite have D3 in it?

Yeah um she has to have calcium without D3 on all feeders then two times a month say the 1st and the 15th you would do Reptivite with D3.

But if she does not have the calcium then she will pull from her bones for the eggs as @ERKleRose mentioned. this causes a ton of issues even egg binding.

To tell gender on a panther you would not flip them upside down and hold them that way. Easiest way to tell is them standing on the branch with tail straight out. Otherwise your not able to tell anything and just putting the animal through an extremely stressful situation.

Take a look.... http://www.muchadoaboutchameleons.com/2013/04/male-or-female-how-to-sex-baby-panther.html

Ok need a opinion on one I may purchase. Thinking female seeing same in one I have now.

Attachments

• IMG_4815.jpg
    IMG_4815.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_4819.jpg
    IMG_4819.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_4818.jpg
    IMG_4818.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 97
Back
Top Bottom