Female not eating after laying eggs...

Mikeb2394

I have a female veiled about a year old. I never had any issues with her other than that she is a hateful creature since she hit about 7 mos old. But despite the hate we love her to pieces. About a week and a half ago she laid her first clutch of infertile eggs. She had some trouble because she dug the tunnel around the edge of the lay bin. Needless to say while she was covering it the tunnel collapsed. But she just redug finished what she was doing covered it and went back up into her cage. And for the first 2 days after ate fine. And then I started to notice that when I checked her feeding container she wasn't eating. She's still drinking fine. So I figured I'd try hand feeding to get her going but no luck. Since then the only way I have gotten any food into her is I touch her she gaped and put a cricket into her mouth. This worked for a few days and I figured eventually she would just start feeding on her own. But no luck and now she's caught onto whst I was doing so at most I get one or two into her a day before she goes to a part of the cage where I can't reach her. I've been thinking maybe she needs to lay more and was interrupted even though she seemed to be finished. She laid 23 eggs. I'd love to rush her to a vet and have them check her but I lost my job about 2mos ago so to say money is extremely tight is an understatement. Should I try putting the bin back in and see if she still has more to lay.y concern with that is in a weakened state I'm afraid she wouldn't survive. Although I know if she had more and becomes bound she wouldn't either. She seems good bright green coloration no stress colors except when I try to make her eat. She drinks well but I also noticed she sleeps alot. Just looking for some advice as I am at a loss for how to help her. I appreciate any help I can get.

I’m sorry to hear that your girl is having problems. You can put the laying bin back in and if she doesn’t start digging and laying more eggs you will have to get her to the vet or you will most likely loose her. She really needs to see a vet for an X-ray now. I knkw a couple of different ladies that have a chameleon rescue. You could give her to one of them and they both have vets that see Chameleons all the time. Either of them would give her the help that she needs. I will be happy to post their info if you are interested in contacting either of them.

Back
Top Bottom