Female Nose Be died :(

TheMadHatter

Female Nose Be died :( please help!

My female nose be I was caring for passed away and I cannot conclude why. So care for her was about 4-5 crickets powdered every other day. A drip cup filled once a day and misting 2 x a day. The room is kept at 70 degrees with a three degree variation and she had a 50 watt heat lamp on top of her cage. She was regularly active, ate and had fine bowel movements. 2 days prior to her passing her eyes seemed to be a little sunken but she was moving around fine, and seemed the same on sat. Sunday late morning I found her at the bottom of her cage. Her belly was fairly large which I had mated her about 3 weeks back and though maybe I was seeing the eggs. Concerned after her passing I made an incision to confirm my finding and a clear to yellowish liquid drained from her body which carried a rancid odor. This was completed about 10 hours after finding her. The liquid when drained revealed a completely deflated chameleon having almost no mass...does anyone have any information to share? Also her vent seemed to be inflamed. I am truly heart broken over it and have lost a lot of confidence. Anything will help please...

My female nose be I was caring for passed away and I cannot conclude why. So care for her was about 4-5 crickets powdered every other day. A drip cup filled once a day and misting 2 x a day. The room is kept at 70 degrees with a three degree variation and she had a 50 watt heat lamp on top of her cage. She was regularly active, ate and had fine bowel movements. 2 days prior to her passing her eyes seemed to be a little sunken but she was moving around fine, and seemed the same on sat. Sunday late morning I found her at the bottom of her cage. Her belly was fairly large which I had mated her about 3 weeks back and though maybe I was seeing the eggs. Concerned after her passing I made an incision to confirm my finding and a clear to yellowish liquid drained from her body which carried a rancid odor. This was completed about 10 hours after finding her. The liquid when drained revealed a completely deflated chameleon having almost no mass...does anyone have any information to share? Also her vent seemed to be inflamed. I am truly heart broken over it and have lost a lot of confidence. Anything will help please...

A few questions to clarify your information...

What were the dusts you used on the crickets and how often did you use them? Calcium? Calcium with vitamin D3? Vitamins?
What brands of lighting did she have and how old were the bulbs?
What was the humidity level in your cage (high to low)?
So you did not find any eggs at all? She wasn't gravid.

Back
Top Bottom