Female Chameleon Owners

Me too! Where do you keep your animals at? I really want to get a Panther but I have very limited space. It would be difficult for him and my Veiled not to see each other. :(

You could put them side by side and fix a barrier between the cages. I had my two veileds on opposite sides of the room at opposite ends. When space allowed I moved them side by side, but they could still see each other when I took one of them out of their viv.

my wife says shes out if i bring in roaches so its worms and crickets for me both of which shes not to happy about but can tolerate for now. she gives my panther his misting for me and dumps the crickets in his cage for me on the days i leave to work at 4am so i dont disturb him too early. shes not afraid of him but refuses to hold him since hes a climber! i actually had to face my own fear of crickets, i mean i wouldnt touch them unless i absolutely had to and seeing them in large numbers would give me the heebeejeebee's but im over it now especially since a friend of mine told me his 5 year old daughter eats toasted crickets with chili and lemon? he said its a common snack when theyre in glamis (sand dunes) and my own kids get a kick out of them too. my wife isnt really big on any reptiles almost sold her on sulcatas but after a little research it was a big fat no! lol maybe she will start to warm up to chams after helping me with mine for a while....hopefully

im a girl and i love all animals, but reptiles have had a place in my heart ever sence i was just a tot! id go cetch anoles, skinks, toads, frogs ect all day long! in the only girl in know that has reptiles(one girl has a corn snake) but when i got one alot of others girls now want their own. ^^

I have Lily my veld of course, and 2 beardies.
2 furry cats that I had before my reptiles.

I know I want more reps, but I don't think I want more furry creatures.

I wish I only wanted more herps. That might bring down the numbers of my prospective pets :p
I love my dog and I'm cruisin for some sugar gliders.

I think I have a love for them because they are so different than us. It seems so foreign and much more interesting. Everyone owns a dog or a cat. Lizards are more unique. I think you can tell a lot about a person by the animals they own. :)

Exactly. I have 2 dogs, 3 cats and 2 guinea pigs. They are my babies but are not nearly as intriguing as my reptiles. Snakes and frogs I could do with out because they don't do much at all.

I LOVE reptiles, yet many of the girls I know get creaped out until I "work with them" haha they get over the creap factor pretty quickly. I have a ball python, a northern brown snake, and 2 chameleons. Plus some amphibians. I was very happy when I brought my ball to Lowe's and a mom brought her daughter over to pet her :D She thanked me for bringing her in.

I looove almost all reptiles... their all cute in their own ways but the chameleon is just amazing. I wasnt into the feeders at first but now its just bugs and we all gotta eat. My friends hated lizards and reptiles but now they love mine. I wouldnt trade my Spartacus for anything! :D

I <3 my chameleon and one of my good friends has a corn and a hognose and is also female. Even my mom who doesn't like snakes says my chameleon is pretty cool. She's not so cool about the corn snake but he stays in the bedroom. I don't do spiders or scorpions though. Ewwww. Have to say my least favorite feeder so far has been silkworms but I just have some tweezers to grab them up.

actually none of my chams are really aggressive with the exeption of one who i adopted and came with a series of health problems. I think they are just peculiar looking, for cuteness i think cresties win, colors, chams win

yes it is true us girls do love their feet they are completly adorable, some how when we seen something with chams were always awww.its silly

You could ask Brad to make a site pole, to see how many people who identify female and keep chameleons, or male keep chameleons, or Trans /other and keep chameleons.

Perfect! I'm also curious as to what kind of females own Chameleons. I myself look pretty girly but I'm actually a tomboy at heart. I definitely don't think me being a lesbian has anything to do with it but I wonder how many "girly-girls" own chams as apposed to "tomboys". Actually the only other person I know personally that owns a chameleon is a lesbian.

Same goes for boys too. I wonder if more nerdy, masculine jock types, and even metro or feminine males own chams. Most of "jock" types I know tend to own snakes. While every other type of guy seems to own different types of herps.

I don't think we can take a poll covering all of these things, but I still find it very interesting. Although I'm positive it would be easy to poll identified male, female, trans, and other. It would be really neat to see everyones answers in a thread, but a poll would be more accessible/accurate because it is anonymous. That way if someone feels uncomfortable about their identity they would not have to reveal it to the forum.

Great input everyone! :)

Perfect! I'm also curious as to what kind of females own Chameleons. I myself look pretty girly but I'm actually a tomboy at heart. I definitely don't think me being a lesbian has anything to do with it but I wonder how many "girly-girls" own chams as apposed to "tomboys". Actually the only other person I know personally that owns a chameleon is a lesbian.

Same goes for boys too. I wonder if more nerdy, masculine jock types, and even metro or feminine males own chams. Most of "jock" types I know tend to own snakes. While every other type of guy seems to own different types of herps.

I don't think we can take a poll covering all of these things, but I still find it very interesting. Although I'm positive it would be easy to poll identified male, female, trans, and other. It would be really neat to see everyones answers in a thread, but a poll would be more accessible/accurate because it is anonymous. That way if someone feels uncomfortable about their identity they would not have to reveal it to the forum.

Great input everyone! :)

im def a "girly girl" dress/makeup/and just the way i but also im like you said tomboy at heart. I like shooting guns and 4wheeling hunting fishing ect. I have a boyfriend and he likes them aswell. he's built like a Qter back (6'4 with musle) but he's a farm boy. He sorta wants an iguana actually. Something he can pet :)

i think owning reptiles has to do with your location(SC hardly has any reptile lovers. esp out here in the sticks) and people in your life who have shown them to you plus individual personality. ^^

ps- i have cuzins in Kentucky! went their last year for 4wheelin on a mountain!

Last edited:
I'd fall under girly-girl as well, I own an obscene amount of dresses and heels. But I like looking like a lady. But I've never been afraid to kick off my heels and get my hands dirty if I have to. I always go to the Repticons in dresses, actually lol Should make it easy for my fellow forum members to spot me at a show.

I'd fall under girly-girl as well, I own an obscene amount of dresses and heels. But I like looking like a lady. But I've never been afraid to kick off my heels and get my hands dirty if I have to. I always go to the Repticons in dresses, actually lol Should make it easy for my fellow forum members to spot me at a show.

yay! i love dresses. its so cool to know other girls look cutesy while comeing home to their little lizzards. i like victoria secret sweat suits. their all colorful with big words :D!

I don't think I'd identify with "girly" or "tomboy". I guess somewhere in between? I'm heterosexual and I like looking nice, I do my hair and makeup and try to wear flattering clothes but I'm modest, try to stay classy ;) I don't like pink or care for designer clothes. I have snakes and amphibs and other reptiles, I like video games, welding, sculpting and drinking GOOD beer. I want to get a grad degree in herpetology and/or biological illustration. The one thing though that gets me looking "girly" though is baby animals :) I can't guarantee the pitch of my voice will stay at a normal range.
I'd say... I'm well-rounded lol.

I think some people get hung up on being "girly-girl" and don't let themselves enjoy our hobby and that may be why there aren't as many women. It's too bad because there are girly-girls here who enjoy it so much :)

I'm a tomboy, who is married to a guy, and we have a roommate. Out of the 3 of us, I'm the one who turned us all onto reptiles - the guys weren't hooked until holding baby bearded dragons on their hands at a Repticon. Now we're up to 9 animals, only 3 are fuzzy. I love having a cat to cuddle with in bed, something that a chameleon just can't do. The hubby is building a dart frog tank, so he's definately been bitten by the reptile bug, and I see us having many more in the future. BTW, the aforementioned hubby is the one who set up my account, and the dummy used HIS name. Now that I'm posting more it's too much of a pain to switch my username :eek:
Michelle

Chameleons are the only reptiles I keep. I also have my hands full with the various feeders I have too (love my bugs!). I actually love all creatures I even feel bad feeding off bugs :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what catagory I fall into Girly girl or Tom boy but I do have an undying love for high heels, I probley have more in my closet then a depatment store lol

im def a "girly girl" dress/makeup/and just the way i but also im like you said tomboy at heart. I like shooting guns and 4wheeling hunting fishing ect. I have a boyfriend and he likes them aswell. he's built like a Qter back (6'4 with musle) but he's a farm boy. He sorta wants an iguana actually. Something he can pet :)

i think owning reptiles has to do with your location(SC hardly has any reptile lovers. esp out here in the sticks) and people in your life who have shown them to you plus individual personality. ^^

ps- i have cuzins in Kentucky! went their last year for 4wheelin on a mountain!

Really? What part of Kentucky? That would be crazy if they lived near by!

Really? What part of Kentucky? That would be crazy if they lived near by!

they have a big hill(it's a mountain) or something and all live down a road called parker hollar :eek: i do belive their hillbillys XD ohh and they live near that national park with the log cabins. i forgot what its called but its really pritty and has bat caves you can go see :D! and mini putput!

when i went we 4wheelin we went around a fence and a three beautiful yearling horses run along side us! omgsh now i want to go back!

Back
Top Bottom