Female Chameleon Owners

UrbanChameleon

I have to say.. it is really nice to see more women that love Chameleons! It could just be where I live, but I only know of one other female that owns reptiles. I think that Chameleons in general are adored by both sexes equally, but owned more by our male counterparts. I was pleasantly surprised by the number of Cham Loving Girls (CLG.. We can make that a thing) I saw on the forum. I don't know if it is the gross out factor, or that women have different interests, but it seems like there are less ladies that own reptiles out there. Maybe Chameleons are different then say.. a snake. Thoughts anyone?

Anyways.. I just wanted to give the ladies a shout out! Keep up the good work girls. I'm glad to know there's plenty of us out there! You just have to look on the Forums. Haha!

my gf definately doesnt like my chams, lol. Actually of all my reptiles, she loves the crested geckos, shes obsessed with one of my babies, she will chill watching tv with her on her arm

my gf definately doesnt like my chams, lol. Actually of all my reptiles, she loves the crested geckos, shes obsessed with one of my babies, she will chill watching tv with her on her arm

That's crazy that she doesn't like your chams! Maybe it's because they are so territorial and can be aggressive. Crested geckos are adorable. I plan on getting some once Bodhi gets bigger. I don't think I could date someone who doesn't like my animals. I'm probably too sensitive about my babies though. :rolleyes:

I looooove my chams but I also loooove all of my snakes and frogs. Maybe we should take a poll? Women who own chams, women who own chams and other herps, women who are afraid of or grossed out by other herps? It might be interesting :)

My boyfriend is uneasy around all of my animals, especially the snakes :p I don't think it's a gender issue. He tolerates it though because he loves me. I can put up with it for him :)

I looooove my chams but I also loooove all of my snakes and frogs. Maybe we should take a poll? Women who own chams, women who own chams and other herps, women who are afraid of or grossed out by other herps? It might be interesting :)

My boyfriend is uneasy around all of my animals, especially the snakes :p I don't think it's a gender issue. He tolerates it though because he loves me. I can put up with it for him :)

Hahaha! That sounds like a fair compromise to me! I'm sure you don't torture him with the snakes. I can count on both hands how many times I have been at a guys house and had him chase me with a HUGE snake. They think it is hilarious.. I beg to differ. Although, I have grown and can actually hold certain snakes now. I know they can smell my fear, and that's why they scare me.

But we should definitely take a poll! I would really like to know the statistics. There are a lot of things that are believed to be female or male. Most people would be surprised by the number of females that own herps. The world thinks girls are supposed to love fluffy animals that are bred to fit in your purse. Haha! As that may be true for some, nothing could be further from the truth for most. I wouldn't necessarily consider Chameleons gross, slimy, or ugly.. but some people think a lot of herps are. Poll anyone?

Hahaha! That sounds like a fair compromise to me! I'm sure you don't torture him with the snakes. I can count on both hands how many times I have been at a guys house and had him chase me with a HUGE snake. They think it is hilarious.. I beg to differ. Although, I have grown and can actually hold certain snakes now. I know they can smell my fear, and that's why they scare me.

There is a special place in hell for people who chase people around with things they are afraid of LOL. I don't do it to my boyfriend because if he chased me around with a roach I would leave him. I take them out and sit near him and he may or may not reach out and poke them lol. I don't make him do anything he doesn't want to do.

I am female, and I absolutely adore my lizards! These days I much prefer scaleys to furries! I have two chameleons and two crested geckos! I just wish I had a spare room so I could have all the species I want! :D

For sure! Anytime a girl see's a cham you automatically hear.. Awwwww! Haha! It never fails.

all the girls i know say the same...the love the lil feet they have, and that they are not fast and scurry around..the only thing women will still make the ol' "eeewwww" to is the feeders..:D

all the girls i know say the same...the love the lil feet they have, and that they are not fast and scurry around..the only thing women will still make the ol' "eeewwww" to is the feeders..:D

Totally agree! My friend has a colony of Dubia's and she won't even touch them with her fingers. I kind of understand that with roaches though. Haha! Pretty much every girl I've had over thinks crickets are disgusting. They really have a phobia about it. I find it kind of funny because I am horrified by the "basement crickets". The ones that live in your house that are the size of a rat. My Jack Russell Lily knows what cricket means. Every time I see a big one I yell cricket and she comes flying from wherever she is in the house. Haha! The ones I feed Bodhi don't bother me as much because they're small and have been raised in captivity. I look at them as food even though I don't eat them. But the gigantic crickets will hop up your pajama pants.. ewww! No thank you.

I love all lizards. They are more interesting to learn about than a dog or cat.

I think I have a love for them because they are so different than us. It seems so foreign and much more interesting. Everyone owns a dog or a cat. Lizards are more unique. I think you can tell a lot about a person by the animals they own. :)

I am female, and I absolutely adore my lizards! These days I much prefer scaleys to furries! I have two chameleons and two crested geckos! I just wish I had a spare room so I could have all the species I want! :D

Me too! Where do you keep your animals at? I really want to get a Panther but I have very limited space. It would be difficult for him and my Veiled not to see each other. :(

Apart from inverts, I'm all for any animal. Chameleons are my pet of choice, although I have a temporary pet ball python and I've had lots of geckos. There are many reptiles I like and could own, but chameleons are my favorite for now. Things like frogs and turtles don't gross me out, but I do find them extremely boring, so they're the only ones that I really sort of look over at shows or pet stores.

I recently took Daedalus to my university for a comparative vertebrate anatomy class halloween party and he was a huge hit with both sexes, with many more girls asking to pet/hold him than boys. It's was fun. I don't think chameleons gross people out much. Even my grandmother who is an avid reptilian hater finds the beauty in their colors, if nothing else, and tolerates them. So I think their colors help out a lot, it's a big wow-factor for people.

i think it is great how many female keepers there are. keep it up ladies!!!, now if i could just get my gf on board, or find a girl who likes my chams id be set...

I have Lily my veld of course, and 2 beardies.
2 furry cats that I had before my reptiles.

I know I want more reps, but I don't think I want more furry creatures.

Back
Top Bottom