female cham

kjq4

my female chameleon is speedign all most most of hear time on th groung snd digs somethimes and sometimes she sits on they groung with her eyes clothes plz help where is a photo of her right know. and should i be worried

100_0092.jpg

You keep asking questions and then not responding when someone answers you. You keep making one new thread after the other about the same chameleon. You want us to be friends?? If you don't answer how can we help and what basis is there for friendship?

If it's female, she is likely looking for a spot to lay eggs. You need to provide a laying bin for her asap.

Yes, to a degree.
If she doesn't lay them soon she will go downhill very quickly. If she's already closing her eyes she may be approaching that point soon. You want to have a laying bin in there with her immediately (something like a dark/opaque plastic container 12" deep by 7-8" wide at least, filled with moist play sand or organic dirt. Moist enough to tunnel in but not wet). You can even get a kitchen trash can, fill it with the 12" of soil and leave her in there with no way out - this is the only way I ever got my veiled to lay eggs.

If you can get this together tonight from stuff from Walmart or something, that would be great. If it's not super late where you are you might even put her in now. If not, put her in it first thing in the morning and give her plenty of privacy. Don't even look in! Just listen to see if you can hear her digging.

My bet is that she is being cooked. Looking to find cooler spot or a way to escape from the heat.

Lower lip looks a bit odd..maybe infected or maybe an old injury. Bump on nose (left side) is likely an infection. A trip to the vet is needed.

My bet is that she is being cooked. Looking to find cooler spot or a way to escape from the heat.

i agree that is a possibility. when i first got my girl i had the same problem, and eventually i realized that at the basking spot it was almost 100 degrees.. a month later she was back to normal

BUT, i definitely think that her eyes would be sunken if that were the case
i too, suggest a laying been asap, and i the bin is large enough, i would dig 1 hole in one of the corners of the bin (unless it's circular, then it would be along the edge) ...i would dig one hole, or at least half way dig it.

Lower lip looks a bit odd..maybe infected or maybe an old injury. Bump on nose (left side) is likely an infection. A trip to the vet is needed.

Agreed, welcome to the forums and all kjq4 but first lets get your Cham squared away and healthy. :)

You need to take her to the vet, seeing as she definitely has some sort of infection on her head towards the left and as kinyonga said, her lips look a tad off.

If she is pacing on the ground it could be a few things, a full body pic would be helpful to see her stomache. Also, we need to know some more info on how you are taking care of her. Just like you, we want to see both you and your Cham happy. Help us help you.

Back
Top Bottom