Feeding

more info

what kind of cham/ what are you feeding?(silk worms, meal worms, wax worms, or crickets) male or female. I think the cham will let you know if it's eating enough or not. there were days my male veiled would eat 5 crickets and then there were days he'd eat 10 and some worms. how are you feeding? cup feeding, hand, or just letting him hunt the food in the cage himself (thats the best way)

what kind of cham/ what are you feeding?(silk worms, meal worms, wax worms, or crickets) male or female. I think the cham will let you know if it's eating enough or not. there were days my male veiled would eat 5 crickets and then there were days he'd eat 10 and some worms. how are you feeding? cup feeding, hand, or just letting him hunt the food in the cage himself (thats the best way)

Male, blue bar ambilobe

Crickets, some times silk worms

cup feed

Well the bigger your chameleon gets, the bigger the feeders so you feed less of them cause they are larger. Like if you were feeding 12-15 small crickets, then you would maybe feed 5-6 large. I feed my cham every other day and have done so since about a year old. That is just what I do. Some members cut back before a year. I don't think there is anything written in stone, but I remember my breeder telling me to go to every other day at about 13 months or so. I usually feed about 6 feeders every other day. Again, this is just my schedule.

8 months old

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316136538.405818.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316136538.405818.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 100
oh ok

so your feeding him medium crickets. I would feed him maybe 6-10 start lower if he eats them then through in a couple more the important thing is that he finishes them and does not leave any in his cage to chew on him later. try that and see how many he eats. are you feeding everyday or every other? just crickets? just make sure however many crickets and worms you give him he eats them all. there really is no magic number. and make sure you feed him in the morning or after noon not before lights out. hope this helps.

It's a male, right? I would feed what he will eat. I wouldn't worry about cutting back as long as he's finishing off what you give him. When you start to see him leaving food behind, that's when you start cutting back. (note: not the suggestion I'd make if it were a female)

Back
Top Bottom