Feeding

Kilowog

For my male Jackson's, Muldoon, I started with cup feeding, one cricket at a time, but he did not eat it when I leave the cup in the cage, maybe he didn't see it. Then I held the cup and he at first didn't go for it but quickly changed its mind. But the cup was clear so it shoot at the side of the cup sometimes. Then I would put a cricket on the side of the screen (one at a time because I didn't want them to be loose in the cage and lose track of them) he goes for them every time. Then I tried hand feeding, holding a cricket between my thumb and finger and he also goes for them every time. I got him on Saturday and I am glad he is friendly enough to eat from my hand. I have been feeding between four and six crickets a day, one every few hours until he doesn't want any more. Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not the one at a time schedule is good or not.

For my male Jackson's, Muldoon, I started with cup feeding, one cricket at a time, but he did not eat it when I leave the cup in the cage, maybe he didn't see it. Then I held the cup and he at first didn't go for it but quickly changed its mind. But the cup was clear so it shoot at the side of the cup sometimes. Then I would put a cricket on the side of the screen (one at a time because I didn't want them to be loose in the cage and lose track of them) he goes for them every time. Then I tried hand feeding, holding a cricket between my thumb and finger and he also goes for them every time. I got him on Saturday and I am glad he is friendly enough to eat from my hand. I have been feeding between four and six crickets a day, one every few hours until he doesn't want any more. Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not the one at a time schedule is good or not.

It's really up to your cham. I feed pinheads right now, and i just put like 6 in his cage loose and let him hunt them down. if your using bigger crickets, you can put a fwe in the cage, leave him alone for a few hours, then go back and check to see if he;s eaten them. if not,t hen before bed yo ucan hunt them down and take them out and then try to feed them off tomorrow. It kinda sucks having to hunt down crix, but when they dont always want to eat the way tou want them to, sometimes its best.

If you decide to go with cup feeding down the line, make sure the cup is not so see through. The reason is for exactly what you had stated about him shooting on the outside of the cup. You wouldn't want him to injure his tongue that way. Feeding him one feeder at a time is fine. That is basically how I feed mine.

Back
Top Bottom