feeding

rullom

My panther doesn't seem to want to eat the roaches in the feeding bowl - I thought maybe it was the bowl but he eats crickets in the bowl find. Any ideas ?

Hi, there and welcome! What roaches do you feed, and what size are they, along with your panther's age? Also, what do you gutload and supplement with, and could you post some pics of his cage and bowl, please?

Dubia
size would be definitely less than 1/2in some would be maybe 10mm
panther 5mo
gut load with vegetables (keep in mind he has never tasted a roach but eats crickets fine - IN THE BOWL as well just not the roaches)
Pic isn't up to date but more foliage in left side of cage and bowl would be white ceramic 3 inch bowl bottom on soil floor in centre

Attachments

• 67331317847__678FCC1E-D242-4520-BE02-7C08DAB05FF3.jpeg
    67331317847__678FCC1E-D242-4520-BE02-7C08DAB05FF3.jpeg
    387 KB · Views: 40
My panther doesn't seem to want to eat the roaches in the feeding bowl - I thought maybe it was the bowl but he eats crickets in the bowl find. Any ideas ?
My guess is the roaches aren't moving so he doesn't know their food. Has he ever eaten roaches before? In the past I put 1 roach on a branch and let my cham see it walking then he would chase it down and eat. I would only feed 1 at a time to make sure none are roaming free in his enclosure.

yes they were moving - interestingly I put one cricket with 5 roaches and he ate the cricket and left the roaches - so you dont think colour has anything to do with it - in past my Cham ate anything that moved.

I would say if he is usually eats crickets the roaches will take some getting used to. I would make sure they stay on the smaller side and feed 1 at a time.

My chameleon looks at his dubias with such disgust.
He will only eat them one at a time and that’s when I place the dubia on one of his main branches.
He will even get grossed out if it crawls on him😂

Back
Top Bottom